Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Borrowing Songs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, I'm new to Online Sequencer and I hope to begin making my own music but I've noticed some really good songs on here and I've searched the site all over, but just wanted to make sure. Can I borrow the music from this site?
I mean, it's common sense that you shouldn't necessarily "borrow" music without the creator's permission. Although no music is copyrighted here, don't be that douche that steals other people's work without crediting them.
LucentTear: 
Isn't it a kind of copyright anyway when a sequence is made here under my name?
That should be proof enough, I guess.

Captinblinky: 
Hi and welcome!
You will get to know people here and after some time they might want to share some sequences.
But the best way is to start something new on your own. Just go ahead and experiment. Good luck!
(03-19-2017, 01:45 AM)mysticswe Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't it a kind of copyright anyway when a sequence is made here under my name?
That should be proof enough, I guess.

Not really, it just proves that you've made a certain sequence and it's not like you have legal right to your creation. Anyone can just copy paste notes and even bypass the based on link, all without getting into "legal consequences." In reality I've actually done that once before, I just hope that Blob doesn't notice and it's only smooth if you don't get caught.

I'm being a little technical here, but I think it should be a common unwritten rule in life to not plagiarize from things that aren't yours. On the other hand, you still have the right to give me a heads-up on anyone in particular who happens to do that.
Oh ok Smile
Music composition: Steal stuff and change the key.
Web design: Steal stuff and change the color.
Writing: Steal the plot, change the characters and setting.
Programming: Steal the algorithm and rename all the variables.
(03-19-2017, 12:28 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Music composition: Steal stuff and change the key.

Thats toadally EVIL XD!!
(03-19-2017, 12:28 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Music composition: Steal stuff and change the key.

how everything works
thank you all for answering my question although LucentTear, How could I credit a sequence made by a user with no name? Since some have just a date should I just link the sequence in a credits section?
(03-19-2017, 04:49 PM)Captinblinky Wrote: [ -> ]thank you all for answering my question although LucentTear, How could I credit a sequence made by a user with no name? Since some have just a date should I just link the sequence in a credits section?

Yeah, that sounds about reasonable. Well I mean... you should probably compose your own stuff on this website, but you're free to use other people's sequences as a resource to get you started. Just don't plagiarize it note by note, or at least take the effort and make it sound better.