Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: I'm Lucent.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I'm Lucent.

I've been active on Online Sequencer for about six years. I'm the site's primary communications moderator, so I write a bunch of pretty announcements and hold OS events from time to time. I am also the creator of Lucent's Guide to Online Sequencer, which is a tutorial website that educates new users over common techniques and features exclusive to this site.

I mostly compose progressive jazz, impressionist piano, and electronic genre sequences. However I listen and enjoy just about anything—particularly alternative/math rock, 40s/70s/80s music, drum and bass, hardcore, artcore, noise, trap, and a bunch of other things.

I am a pretty strong believer of multipotentialism and an intelligism advocate—in other words—I have an endless number of hobbies and that I preach to people that learning is an extremely important aspect of life. In real life, I'm currently taking a Business French major with a minor in Public Relations and another minor in Management.

Some of my main hobbies aside from making music are drawing, writing, cooking, exercising and learning a bunch of foreign languages. I've studied about 12 so far—but as far as I'm concerned, I'm inconsistent with my studies and that I can only comfortably communicate in French.

I'm currently trying to learn how to sing (contralto range), program (front-end languages), use Blender, do Live2D animation, do graphic design, make friendship bracelets, do boxing, wear makeup, massage/locate pressure points, write with my non-dominant hand, keep a blog, educate myself on food/nutrition and a bunch of other things I can't name at the top of my head.

As far as other interests go, I'm a huge Europhile and that one day I'd like to just take a continental train and cross different borders in Europe. Lately I've been wanting to incorporate more sustainable practices in my life, so if you care about saving the planet, feel free ask me on that too.

I don't play too many games nowadays, but I grew up on the Final Fantasy XIII series, some bullet hell titles, some rhythm games and other miscellaneous titles that have really good music. I currently play Arcaea and some mobile Japanese food games on my phone.

In the future, I'd like to open up my own international café that serves comfort foods from South America and Europe. I also want a high-income and stable job and a house to live in. And a huge kitchen.

Nice to meet you all. Hopefully that gives a little more insight about how I am as a person.
Updated from 2017.
hi lucent Smile its nice to see you
huh doesn't ring a bell /s
Welcome to OS, Lucent! Hope you enjoy your stay!