Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: CONTEST - Create the best variation out of these melodies!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Create the best variation out of one of these three melodies:

Turkish March
Paganini Caprice No. 24
La Campanella

You can change the melodies in any way you can think of; Change the chords, slow down the tempo, invert the melody, etc... Be creative! The onlinesequencer links I provided are of course the melodies in their simplest forms. Go listen to the original pieces on Youtube to get a better idea of them. 

I will choose the best variations in a month from now. Good luck!

All variations made so far:
wuggie:
EternalRegret:
BilboCosby:
mysticswe: & &
VoidZee:
Flonk:
Hehe, nice!  :D 

And welcome, I see you joined today but I know you have been here long.
(03-21-2017, 03:17 AM)mysticswe Wrote: [ -> ]Hehe, nice!  :D 

And welcome, I see you joined today but I know you have been here long.

Thanks! I didn't really see a use for an account until today when I thought about this contest.
Alright, might join this one cause I'm trying not to be so edgy on classical music. Although I like/don't mind classical music, I'm more of a Satie or Debussy person and a lot of composers other than them just seem... cheesy if you know what I mean. They're not bad at all, but their composition is only that good that it only fits in the general "Classical" archetype. Songs that make me forget they're classical are the ones I appreciate the most because I'm not constantly judging them on how they feel so predictable, or complaining on how they use arpeggios as their overreliable main melody.

My composition style is much different, but I'll hope to get something up in here before the month ends. I'm working on some intense birthday sequence right now so I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do this.
(03-21-2017, 04:10 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, might join this one cause I'm trying not to be so edgy on classical music. Although I like/don't mind classical music, I'm more of a Satie or Debussy person and a lot of composers other than them just seem... cheesy if you know what I mean. They're not bad at all, but their composition is only that good that it only fits in the general "Classical" archetype. Songs that make me forget they're classical are the ones I appreciate the most because I'm not constantly judging them on how they feel so predictable, or complaining on how they use arpeggios as their overreliable main melody.

My composition style is much different, but I'll hope to get something up in here before the month ends. I'm working on some intense birthday sequence right now so I'm not sure if I'll have the time to do this.

Well, you could always turn the melodies into a Satie/Debussy style composition. Even though the melodies are from the classical/romantic period, it would be great if someone made a variation that was more modern!
I'm trying Paganini Caprice to start with. I recognize the melody partly. I don't really want to
study the original because of this, I'll just put something. But should it be grand piano only?
Here is my entry, decided to try to combine all three of them somewhat. Hope that is okay!

(03-21-2017, 08:54 AM)mysticswe Wrote: [ -> ]I'm trying Paganini Caprice to start with. I recognize the melody partly. I don't really want to
study the original because of this, I'll just put something. But should it be grand piano only?

You're not restricted to the grand piano, I just used it in my examples because I like it the most. It would be awesome to see what type of variations can be made using all the other instruments!
(03-21-2017, 10:32 AM)wuggie Wrote: [ -> ]Here is my entry, decided to try to combine all three of them somewhat. Hope that is okay!

Combining them is allowed. Also, that is a very creative variation! I especially like the way you transformed the melody of Turkish March, plus the counterpoint in the middle section. Nice job!
My entry:

It's not great though.
Pages: 1 2 3