Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: -SavantusProdigimus' Songs-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[size=x-large]Looks like I'm getting banned because Lucent is an oversensitive weeb who can't handle criticism. Here's my last composition on this *****ty site:
Farewell, mediocrities.
/size]
(03-28-2017, 05:37 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]I see the talent in you, you could be great one day.

So you don't think I'm great now? If you think there's something wrong with my songs, at least give constructive criticism. Don't worry, I can handle it (unlike some other people here)...
(03-28-2017, 05:44 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:38 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:37 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]I see the talent in you, you could be great one day.

So you don't think I'm great now? If you think there's something wrong with my songs, at least give constructive criticism. Don't worry, I can handle it (unlike some other people here)...

Depends. You seem to be a 'fixed-mindset' type. Try to become more of a 'growth-mindset' guy and you'll find out everything can be improved on.

I know I will be better in the future, but tell me how good I am now.
(03-28-2017, 05:47 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:45 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:38 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]

Depends. You seem to be a 'fixed-mindset' type. Try to become more of a 'growth-mindset' guy and you'll find out everything can be improved on.

I'd say better than the majority of kids your age can do.

Okay, so link me a 12 year old that's better than me. I'll wait. I've got all day.
(03-28-2017, 05:48 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:47 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:45 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2017, 05:38 AM)SavantusProdigimus Wrote: [ -> ]So you don't think I'm great now? If you think there's something wrong with my songs, at least give constructive criticism. Don't worry, I can handle it (unlike some other people here)...

I'd say better than the majority of kids your age can do.

Okay, so link me a 12 year old that's better than me. I'll wait. I've got all day.

If you want a twelve (well technically just turned 13) year old who could help you, check out my stuff! The song is good, I recommend more variety however. I'm always glad to give constructive criticism.
You claim to know all of these complicated chords and yet you don't even use them in your own music.

Quote:Do you even play Cmaj13b9 chords lol (G-B-C#-E-A/C is one of them)

I use german augmented sixth chords in their 2nd inversions. (1-3-5-7... I'm using the root chord, invert them as you will plus the fact that these chords are practically enharmonic to a dominant seventh) You only know diatonic chords, while I use extended chords and added tone chords. (please don't assume that I only know so much about chords, especially when I have only mentioned one in the chat logs)

I even use the augmented triad on the fifth scale degree as a substitute dominant. (1-3-#5, literally stop making your explanations on simple chords so lengthy) Have you ever heard of the septimal meantone temperament? (And no, but it really doesn't matter because you don't use it.)

I know most of these things by heart and I am sure as hell you are not using them. Maybe you can play these chords in the sheet music you read, but can you compose with them? I'm assuming not. Your claims are very misleading.

I've listened to all of your songs and neither of them use a single chord extension. I didn't see anything more than a major or minor chord at best. There isn't any memorable melody that stands out to me at all, as well as the fact that there is a lack of distinct left hand rhythm and they're all just the same chords mashed over and over.

Unless you can prove to me otherwise, you are being very condescending for your age and you cannot compose music on any level near Mozart. I'd rate your music at the moment at a 2/10.
(03-28-2017, 08:26 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]You claim to know all of these complicated chords and yet you don't even use them in your own music.

Quote:Do you even play Cmaj13b9 chords lol (G-B-C#-E-A/C is one of them)

I use german augmented sixth chords in their 2nd inversions. (1-3-5-7... I'm using the root chord, invert them as you will plus the fact that these chords are practically enharmonic to a dominant seventh) You only know diatonic chords, while I use extended chords and added tone chords. (please don't assume that I only know so much about chords, especially when I have only mentioned one in the chat logs)

I even use the augmented triad on the fifth scale degree as a substitute dominant. (1-3-#5, literally stop making your explanations on simple chords so lengthy) Have you ever heard of the septimal meantone temperament? (And no, but it really doesn't matter because you don't use it.)

I know most of these things by heart and I am sure as hell you are not using them. Maybe you can play these chords in the sheet music you read, but can you compose with them? I'm assuming not. Your claims are very misleading.

I've listened to all of your songs and neither of them use a single chord extension. I didn't see anything more than a major or minor chord at best. There isn't any memorable melody that stands out to me at all, as well as the fact that there is a lack of distinct left hand rhythm and they're all just the same chords mashed over and over.

Unless you can prove to me otherwise, you are being very condescending for your age and you cannot compose music on any level near Mozart. I'd rate your music at the moment at a 2/10.

I don't use those chords because they sound ugly. Plus complicated doesn't mean better. I can hide a lot of meaning in my songs using just simple chords, something you'll never be able to do. Plus Mozart was 35 when he died, and I'm only 12. Imagine how good I am when I'm 35. Mozart makes happy little sonatas while my work has deep and hidden symbolism in it. But that probably flew over your head because you don't know how to analyse music (judging by you giving me a mere 2/10). Nice try kid, but better luck next time.  :D
This is a good example of a bad mod. I give Lucent's friend Eric criticism, and they delete my posts because they can't handle anything other than constant praise. Then they attack my personality in chat, while I only ever criticized their music. And now Lucent is so mad that she's giving me "warnings", because she wants me banned so that she can go back to getting nothing but compliments. Mods should never be this sensitive, especially to mere constructive criticism...
Here's my 2nd symphony: Imagine two warriors fighting with this music in the background. Pretty epic, right? Smile
~ crushing expectations ~

Check out Alma Deutscher: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zad7fkhGzzs
She made this when she was like ten.

Keep up the good work and keep on improving, but don't be too cocky, alright Tounge
No matter what you do or how old you are, there will always be people who are better than you. That's life.
Pages: 1 2