Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Check out my Trap Beats?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I recently started to make trap beats. Give them a listen? I appreciate constructive criticism!

Link to my profile: https://onlinesequencer.net/members/8144

New tracks every week!

BTW I'm 16. Tounge
The problem with the trap beat genre is that you can't really give too much constructive criticism because it's just naturally very horrendous composition wise.
Not a lot of people here appreciate it. Just a heads up.
Hey don't let that bring you down. Especially Smooth Trap Beat could be used in some spooky game, hehehe!
Hey Lance Wang I really like this . Very moody, very cool.
(04-06-2017, 10:17 AM)GrumblePuppy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Lance Wang I really like this . Very moody, very cool.

I like it too but some of the percussion isn't suitable to me... what to say I dont know. It's still good.
(04-06-2017, 07:20 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with the trap beat genre is that you can't really give too much constructive criticism because it's just naturally very horrendous composition wise.

The trap element, known for its distinct rapid use of hi-hats, heavy kick drums, and ominous tone derived from synth instruments, is ubiquitously incorporated in various music styles: EDM, rock, dubstep, rap, pop, etc. Are you calling every music genre with this trap-style beat "naturally horrendous"? While I agree that many songs in the new trap genre are typically deemed lyrically-lacking and meaningless, the beat alone is powerful. If only artists amalgamate both excellent wordplay and the alluring beat, trap would perhaps not be as frowned upon. Well, it's your opinion and I respect that.
BTW, just wondering, are any of y'all rappers? Feel free to post a freestyle rap down on this thread if u want. Tounge
(04-06-2017, 05:20 PM)Lance Wang Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2017, 07:20 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]The problem with the trap beat genre is that you can't really give too much constructive criticism because it's just naturally very horrendous composition wise.

while many songs in the new trap genre are typically deemed lyrically-lacking and meaningless, the beat alone is powerful. If only artists amalgamate both excellent wordplay and the alluring beat, trap would perhaps not be as frowned upon. 

Exactly
Hi guys:

My other tracks are on my bro's account: https://onlinesequencer.net/members/7437
I was first introduced to OS by my bro, Landon. (Kudos to him) However, I made all the tracks on his account so far. He might make more beats in the future as well. Also note that all the untitled sequences are messed up ones.
(04-06-2017, 05:20 PM)Lance Wang Wrote: [ -> ]

The trap element, known for its distinct rapid use of hi-hats, heavy kick drums, and ominous tone derived from synth instruments, is ubiquitously incorporated in various music styles: EDM, rock, dubstep, rap, pop, etc. Are you calling every music genre with this trap-style beat "naturally horrendous"? While I agree that many songs in the new trap genre are typically deemed lyrically-lacking and meaningless, the beat alone is powerful. If only artists amalgamate both excellent wordplay and the alluring beat, trap would perhaps not be as frowned upon. Well, it's your opinion and I respect that.

Sorry, didn't mean to look not as constructive that I am supposed to be. Please note that anything I say after this point, is from my opinion as a person who's not very used to the hip-hop/rap genre. Thanks for accepting the opinion like a civilized person on the internet though, I may sound sarcastic but I really do appreciate that.

Music in general is basically a way that people can express art with auditory methodology, and I can understand that much that trap music is supposed to do this via percussion (in particular, hats and kicks.)

To further elaborate with my point of trap music being "naturally horrendous composition wise," it doesn't seem to appeal to most people who have compared it to other forms of music. I'm not saying it's truly terrible, being subjective to everyone's opinions, maybe some people find more beauty in this kind of genre than I do (you for example.)

The elements of trap just feel super linear to me as music, even if you mention that the beat alone is powerful, it kinda destroys the melodic and harmonization aspects of music which plenty of people favor.

Only reason I am actually hating on trap music though is because a majority of people at my school practically deject any other genre of musical sort, and don't expand their knowledge on other types of forms. They are aware that these musical forms exist, but they refuse to listen to them because they generalize people who listen to those sorts of things as some inferior figure. Although I wouldn't prefer to listen to the trap genre itself, I wouldn't mind coinciding with it if only if the people I associate trap music with aren't actual imbeciles.
Pages: 1 2