Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Something That Annoys Me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is just a bit of a rant over something that's been upsetting me for a while.

The fact that stuff like this:

Never gets over 150 plays

But stuff like this:

Explodes within five minutes.

Why is it like this? Is there any reason that 7 note sequences of just random notes get super popular, and dead on intricate sequences are never noticed?
I get really annoyed by that. But there are only a few ways that a sequence could gain popularity at a stupid level.

One, Reddit. got popular mostly because it was trending on Reddit at some point.
Two, bots.
Three, spamming it on Chat, Forums, sharing with social network etcetera. For some reason gets popular.
Holding F5 on a sequence doesn't work anymore, unless you can somehow generate a new IP address through proxy each refresh.

My most popular sequences only have a little less then 250 views, but I guess I could call them decent. Strange how the people who never get on chat get the most views.
That's very annoying indeed. I hope my songs won't have any misleading views like that. Thanks for bringing
this up. Me I wish that my own views won't be registered at all. In that way it will be harder to spam yourself
at least. Let's hope it will be fixed in the near future.
The man thing that makes no sense to me is that even if someone did spam forums or reddit, how could it ever catch on if it's only a 9 note sequence? If I see a nine note sequence of random notes that someone posts, I don't think twice before clicking on something else.
Anything posted on reddit gets a lot of clicks, this site was originally announced there and it got something like 10,000 views in the first day. It doesn't matter if the sequence is good or not because you don't even have to listen to it for it to count.
Reddit, huh? Where i can find that forum?
It's annoying indeed, but you can try to promote your music.