Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: List of Instrument Ideas and More
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, so Online Sequencer is really great! I'm actually using it to make some of my music for a semi-animated series I'm working on. But, of course, there's always room for improvement! So I have a few suggestions that I'd like to share, whether they're taken into consideration or not:

1. More Instruments--Don't get me wrong, the addition of the 8-bit instruments is awesome! But I have some suggestions for more:
  • Flutes, such as the Shakuhachi Flute from Japan, the Piccolo, the common Flute, the Pan Flute, and the Ocarina.
  • More Synths, like the 8-Bit Charang and Chiptune Synths
  • The Distorted Guitar
  • Reeds, such as Saxophones, Oboe, Bassoon, and Clarinet
  • The Vibraphone, Marimba, and Xylophone
  • The Harpsichord
  • The Trumpet and Tuba
  • The Harp
2.  Key and Meter Signature Placements--It would really cool if we could make songs that gradually change tempo at certain parts and change the beats per measure too!

3. Dynamic Changes--Similar to the point prior, it would be cool if we could make songs that gradually get louder and softer as it progresses.

These are just my thoughts and opinions, but if somehow they are implemented, I would be ecstatic :D !
and have all instruments sustain the length of the note
I think it would also be cool to have slurs to transition notes. I don't think there is any way to do this yet, so maybe do that in the future.

Smile
(06-22-2017, 04:42 PM)8BitGuy Wrote: [ -> ]I think it would also be cool to have slurs to transition notes. I don't think there is any way to do this yet, so maybe do that in the future.

Smile

It's a bit of a psuedo-feature that the sequencer has. Refer to this tutorial please.
:D :D :D :D  :D
Music boxes...

I don't want to turn somewhere else to make a music box tune.

Plus it sounds good.
(06-20-2017, 07:44 PM)musicguy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so Online Sequencer is really great! I'm actually using it to make some of my music for a semi-animated series I'm working on. But, of course, there's always room for improvement! So I have a few suggestions that I'd like to share, whether they're taken into consideration or not:

1. More Instruments--Don't get me wrong, the addition of the 8-bit instruments is awesome! But I have some suggestions for more:
  • Flutes, such as the Shakuhachi Flute from Japan, the Piccolo, the common Flute, the Pan Flute, and the Ocarina.
  • The Distorted Guitar
  • The Harpsichord
  • The Trumpet and Tuba
  • The Harp
2.  Key and Meter Signature Placements--It would really cool if we could make songs that gradually change tempo at certain parts and change the beats per measure too!

3. Dynamic Changes--Similar to the point prior, it would be cool if we could make songs that gradually get louder and softer as it progresses.

These are just my thoughts and opinions, but if somehow they are implemented, I would be ecstatic :D !

There should also be a custom soundfont option,just drag and drop a random sound file and the notes will sound like that sound file.
(11-17-2017, 08:20 PM)yaboi327 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2017, 07:44 PM)musicguy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so Online Sequencer is really great! I'm actually using it to make some of my music for a semi-animated series I'm working on. But, of course, there's always room for improvement! So I have a few suggestions that I'd like to share, whether they're taken into consideration or not:

• The Distorted Guitar
  • The Harpsichord
  • The Trumpet and Tuba
  • The Harp

There should also be a custom soundfont option,just drag and drop a random sound file and the notes will sound like that sound file.

Agreed, I honestly don't understand why there isn't a full built in soundfont already... I am trying to do some corrections to a midi I made for doom but the issue is that I can't specify the proper instrument banks for some of the tracks because they aren't available, like slap bass and organ, meaning I know it will sound wrong when I export it, which sucks Sad