Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Science Stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Discuss anything science related on this thread.
hi. whassup! do you think that the universe has an end? if it does, what does the end look like?
id like to find out what would happen when two black holes collide, and how it would look 1) to an outside observer 2) to someone like 10 feet away and 3) to someone caught between them
do u think that dark matter and energy is real?
(06-21-2017, 07:59 AM)gairisiuil Wrote: [ -> ]id like to find out what would happen when two black holes collide, and how it would look 1) to an outside observer 2) to someone like 10 feet away and 3) to someone caught between them

haha! probably just like to blalls smashing into eachother and then merging int one jiant one
(06-21-2017, 07:58 AM)popbot1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi. whassup! do you think that the universe has an end? if it does, what does the end look like?

well, if it does (which it probably does because of the physics of the big bang) it would look like a massive black hole, except with no gravity. either that, or there's some interesting 4D spacefolding going on and the universe wraps around at the edges.

but that's unlikely.
(06-21-2017, 08:00 AM)popbot1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2017, 07:59 AM)gairisiuil Wrote: [ -> ]id like to find out what would happen when two black holes collide, and how it would look 1) to an outside observer 2) to someone like 10 feet away and 3) to someone caught between them

haha! probably just like to blalls smashing into eachother and then merging int one jiant one

well theres some interesting time changes, which is why i proposed the three points of view.
(06-21-2017, 07:58 AM)popbot1 Wrote: [ -> ]hi. whassup! do you think that the universe has an end? if it does, what does the end look like?

The only way I can think of that is we're inside a bubble, but if we reach the very corner of the bubble (our universe) we push the walls (aka the vacuum or whatever is the last thing considered to be the very edge of our universe) further outwards, like, pushing it out/stretching it, as we move further towards it. I think at the edge of the universe it would just be as dark as dark can be, since if you get so far away from any light photons (I don't know this is true but do light photons slowly d*e right? the further they get the more their wavelength expands?) It would just be dark.
(06-21-2017, 08:06 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]

The only way I can think of that is we're inside a bubble, but if we reach the very corner of the bubble (our universe) we push the walls (aka the vacuum or whatever is the last thing considered to be the very edge of our universe) further outwards, like, pushing it out/stretching it, as we move further towards it. I think at the edge of the universe it would just be as dark as dark can be, since if you get so far away from any light photons (I don't know this is true but do light photons slowly d*e right? the further they get the more their wavelength expands?) It would just be dark.
its not that they slowly d*e, but on occasion, like the way neutrinos react with matter, photons interact with dark energy. i think you theory about the bubble is cool tbh, because it's a reason for why the universe expands today.
(06-21-2017, 08:09 AM)gairisiuil Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2017, 08:06 AM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]

its not that they slowly d*e, but on occasion, like the way neutrinos react with matter, photons interact with dark energy. i think you theory about the bubble is cool tbh, because it's a reason for why the universe expands today.
This is just to continue the post chain, not response to you, but to be honest I wanted to say the universe can't be infinitely large, but let's think universe is a sphere, gairi, you concluded spheres can have infinite mass, but also that if they don't move they have no energy? What if universe is infinitely large like the sphere example, except the infinite mass is something else we haven't yet discovered and what makes it possible for our matter part of the universe to expand is when it reacts with whatever is at the edge of our universe, maybe anti-matter? So what if universe as a whole is infinite much anti-matter except where we are, the matter part which is finite. I don't even know what I am saying at this point. 

Because if we're able to move further, expand something in any direction, it means there's energy coming, I don't know this sounds ridiculous since I think energy in our universe will eventually evaporate to hawking radiation but it's just weird that if universe was a bubble, it would bounce back or stop moving/expanding, atleast reduce the movement but scientists say it's constantly expanding, and even faster than ever.

Like not expanding the bubble, or stretching it, but rather eating out as in chemical reaction, with something else. (but at the same time technically stretching our universe out too due to the explosion effect still caused by big bang)
Pages: 1 2