Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: The ability to edit sequence name without creating a new one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As subject states, I'd hope that we will be able to change the name of sequences we've posted without making a new one in the process.

Once, I made a typo when typing in the name of a sequence.

I ended up deleting it and reuploaded it. Good thing I copied the notes and pasted it so that I don't have to start from scratch.

If this suggestion is followed (and made real), I'm sure it'll be helpful to a lot of composers (and people who post in general).
It also helps owners of "Untitled"'s if they finally got an idea of what to name their sequence. 

Stocking up on plays is hard and no one ever wants to start the process all over.
I agree, I get there's a good record of saving a sequence, but making a new one gets excessive and disorganized. But If there's a way to overwrite sequences, I'd love to know.
I don't believe there is a way currently, but you could just rename it, upload it, and then delete the one with the old name.
(10-06-2017, 07:19 AM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]I don't believe there is a way currently, but you could just rename it, upload it, and then delete the one with the old name.

I know, hence this thread is in the "suggestions" section.
I'm not sure if you got my point....
Kirbyderp Wrote:I'm not sure if you got my point....

We get that there is a way, but (as Crimson said in the original) the views would get erased and it's a bother to delete the mis-named one.