Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: A Suh Dudes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I am new! I'm really trying hard to learn the piano and this website seems like a great place to start to understanding how notes sound. I wanna create things without having to play the notes, then go back to my keyboard and try and play it as I'm listening. That way I get a better understanding and can play the notes. Then its just a matter of practice and muscle memory. Creating music in general has always interested me, but I never actually learned to read it (or play it). So here goes nothing. I'm extremely happy I found this website tonight.
hi u4me,

Welcome to OnlineSequencer!
I hope you'll have a great time here.

Happy composing!

@Crimson@
Hey, welcome to Online Sequencer.

I'd like to say that's how I tried using the website too, trying to get a feel of the notes and then play it on the piano. Sadly I've been here 2 years and that's never worked out for me, but it did help me grow as a composer.

I hope you do find use for the website other than being able to click notes and then play them in real life. It's a bit redundant to start here and then go back, in my personal opinion if you want to master hearing notes by not playing them, then you should definitely master being able to use this website while kinda sacrificing being able to do it on the piano.

I know that was a mouth full, but just to give an example, I might be able to compose some really insane stuff on here, but in real life I can only badly play some Touhou stuff in D minor.

Like I said, this is just my personal opinion, so don't let it get you down being able to play on the keyboard! On the other note, do have fun sequencing on the site.
Welcome!
Is what your talking about playing by ear? Hope you like the site. Its a miracle how this chat in an online sequencer stays active. Good Luck