Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Total View Count On Profile.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The thread title says it all. A cumulative count of the views on all of your sequences would be nice to display on your profile.
(09-17-2017, 03:33 PM)VoidZee Wrote: [ -> ]Are you implying that you care about views? That's like being one of those kids that think post count means squat.

everyone cares about views at least a little, you're the one being the kid for not only pretending you don't, but shaming someone who does the opposite.

(also i support the OP)
Excuse me, before we get hasty here Void, yes I was completely aware that this post was going to get a bit of salt on. But rephrasing what you said, you aren't right, you merely have an opinion you want to express and since it is in the "Suggestions" subforum that is completely okay to do so.

But like Jonah said, there will be people who at least care about their views just a little bit. Especially for you who already has the most sequences on the site, you've got to be the least bit curious on it. You compose things because you want people to listen to them, whether for yourself or for others, but most likely others because you just have that natural self-conscience to double check with other people to make sure it sounds "good". If you come to the point no one is actually looking at your stuff, you got to know about it. Or else you'll end up like Mystic who has been rotting from the site lately.

And although ratings might be neutral to the anonymous community, it's also a way to guide newer users to which users on the site are actually good (not saying this in any way to promote myself). And views are just views, you get them whether people like you or not, and mostly something that's just "there". The only thing that I believe this suggestion would benefit are the hackers who are probably gonna abuse the system.

But in any case, I do apologize if any part of this post appears to be narcissistic. I just don't want to end up addicted with actually counting the views sequence-by-sequence and adding them up. Besides, there are people who would end up with more views than I do anyway, and to rebuttal your last sentence, Jacob didn't add being able to change note lengths until a few months ago.

Your opinion is valid, but please do not instigate any fights in the forum. Thank you.