Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Layers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It would be nice to have layers like in Photoshop. The user should be able to select only the layers they wish to interact with and only the notes inserted in the selected layer(s) would be interactable. Being able to mute or change the volume of individual layers would be a plus.

I know some of this functionality is provided by being able to lock certain instruments and select only notes of a specific instrument, but this would give the user more control if they are using the same instrument for multiple parts.

Edit: basically, I want the dropdown menu that lets you control volume, reverb, lock etc for the instruments, but instead of it being per instrument, I want it to be per layers which are instrument independent.
^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yaaaaass I support.
Yeah! Great idea!
I strongly agree with this! This would be a very useful tool to be able to use. Maybe each layer could be separated into different MIDI parts, or it could all be merged to 1 layer before exporting to MIDI.

I present to you Firebolt'sOfficialMarkOfApprovalâ„¢