Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: The Chat needs to change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I come on this site thinking that here was a community, (albeit small), of musicians who were devoted to making music, as this site's aim is for people to get together doing that.

Instead, I saw in the chat people whining about their problems and talking about some pretty negative stuff. I thought "WTF ?", this is a site for music, not a helpline.

Someone needs to do something about this and ban anyone talking about their personal problems in the chat, it is distracting and prevents people from having any useful conversation.
There is no point Moog, last time I said my opinion I got banned for being too offensive.
Moog, I apologize for any inconvenience that these conversations may have caused you and others using the site.

It's only been recent that the general topic of the Chat has declined to such a dark mood. I would like to mention that Online Sequencer is a safe haven for some people who are constantly being rejected, and that music is the easiest way to let free of their worries.

Although the main idea of the Chat is not to simulate a hotline, we'd like to make sure that everyone is in a positive mental state and let others communicate their thoughts freely. As much as possible we do not promote suicide, but there is a group of people who aren't able to control what they feel and the least we can do about it is be there for them.

As a moderator, I do not want to take away these peoples' rights of composing music simply by banning them. Some even find the people on the site their only friends, and I definitely would not want to remove that. The best I can do is mediate the conversation and take control of the chat should things be too hectic.

Once again, I apologize for all that has been caused. We are trying to find a balance between focusing on the persons individually and focusing on the balance of the community as a whole.
(10-25-2017, 11:53 AM)Moog Wrote: [ -> ]So I come on this site thinking that here was a community, (albeit small), of musicians who were devoted to making music, as this site's aim is for people to get together doing that.

Instead, I saw in the chat people whining about their problems and talking about some pretty negative stuff. I thought "WTF ?", this is a site for music, not a helpline.

Someone needs to do something about this and ban anyone talking about their personal problems in the chat, it is distracting and prevents people from having any useful conversation.

I am sorry for that last comment.
I took your advice.
I contacted the Samaritan people.
Getting help from the professionals.
For you. :D
I'm going to add an option for moderators to turn the chat off, similar to the "glitch" last night.
can other mods turn on the chat and not just the mod that turned it off?
Apology for all:

I'm really sorry for not handling the chat any better...causing the chat to fall into a dark pit of desperation and sadness from people's saddening personal lives.

Here, I vow to prevent similar cases to happen on os chat by providing a more intimate, personal space for anyone in need, and if I fail, Jacob, you can just take away my moderator title. I don't deserve it.

May you all have an enjoyable experience on os chat. See you.

@Crimson@
(10-25-2017, 12:29 PM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]Moog, I apologize for any inconvenience that these conversations may have caused you and others using the site.

It's only been recent that the general topic of the Chat has declined to such a dark mood. I would like to mention that Online Sequencer is a safe haven for some people who are constantly being rejected, and that music is the easiest way to let free of their worries.

Although the main idea of the Chat is not to simulate a hotline,  we'd like to make sure that everyone is in a positive mental state and let others communicate their thoughts freely. As much as possible we do not promote suicide, but there is a group of people who aren't able to control what they feel and the least we can do about it is be there for them.

As a moderator, I do not want to take away these peoples' rights of composing music simply by banning them. Some even find the people on the site their only friends, and I definitely would not want to remove that. The best I can do is mediate the conversation and take control of the chat should things be too hectic.

Once again, I apologize for all that has been caused. We are trying to find a balance between focusing on the persons individually and focusing on the balance of the community as a whole.

Very well said. Thank you for posting this Lucent.
(10-25-2017, 12:31 PM)XxHAZZAxX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-25-2017, 11:53 AM)Moog Wrote: [ -> ]So I come on this site thinking that here was a community, (albeit small), of musicians who were devoted to making music, as this site's aim is for people to get together doing that.

I am sorry for that last comment.
I took your advice.
I contacted the Samaritan people.
Getting help from the professionals.
For you. :D

I to am sorry for saying the things I did, and hope you can forgive my rudeness.

I hope everything goes well for you.  Smile
... uhm... well it'd make people feel even worse to be banned for talking about things they need to get out... also, if you dont want to chat about other people stuff, just dont add yourself to that conversation...
Pages: 1 2