Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: First Sequence
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can probably find this on my profile, but I just wanted people's opinion on my sequence. I made this a long while back, sometime this year, but am now claiming ownership of it. What do you think? Smile

It's kind of bland considering there aren't many differentiated chords being used throughout the song. And the fact that the rhythm changes just feel rushed and out of place.
(12-05-2017, 02:04 PM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]It's kind of bland considering there aren't many differentiated chords being used throughout the song. And the fact that the rhythm changes just feel rushed and out of place.

I'm going to have to disagree with Lucent.

I think that it's pretty good. It's definitely better than my first original song!
Your usage of chords wasn't bad, since the melody stuck with the key of each chord.

I also disagree with Lucent about the beat. I think for the most of the song, the beat felt consistent and light.

I like how you repeated that first melodic segment a second time, but doubled the speed that the chords were going. I really think that helped to keep the song flowing and I personally felt that it made the song feel like it was even more upbeat.

That final chord that ends the song is definitely interesting. It almost doesn't feel very "resolved" at the end, but in this case it doesn't make it sound "bad" so to speak.

And although it might somewhat sound "bland" (as Lucent described it), I think that it also sounds like it has great potential.
I would definitely encourage you to continue to use this site to continue to create, reguardless of what Lucent might think of your creations! :)
(no offense to Lucent)