Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: why online sequencer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
post your story down below on why online sequencer then any other site, how did you find this site and review the site
Youtube,
Vsauce's video
https://youtu.be/yn-r-u7rrvg?t=252
(one of their "DONGs")
XD
I literally found this site by looking up Online Sequencer. A long time ago I used to play this game LittleBigPlanet where the things you use to make music are called Sequencers. I wondered if there was something like this over the internet, hence the keywords I put on the search query were "Online Sequencer."

Online Sequencer is just really simple to use. Single click notes, easy to adapt instruments, and a bunch of versatile maneuverability makes it great to use for me as someone who likes to compose on the fly. Plus it's in browser-- no downloads required to get the full experience of the sequencer.

The site also makes it straight to the point to compose music. I find all the features Online Sequencer lacks to be more beneficial towards focusing on the actual music, and not the effects being played by the instruments. Of course it will take some more advanced people to figure how to make something sound the way you want, but as an amateur composer, it's more important to focus on the foundations of music that is being made.

Another "flaw" that Online Sequencer seems to idolize is the lack of instruments. I'd rather have a limited set of instruments on this site actually. It gives the site a certain charm against other programs that have the whole orchestra to use.

Think about it like this, if you wanted to make pixel art, would you use Microsoft Paint or Photoshop? You're most likely to use Paint because not only it's more accessible, it just gets the job done since you have the minimum of what you need. When I have used other music programs, there were many things that I either A. didn't know how to use, or B. didn't need to use them.

Now the negative things about this site, since I happen to shine more positivity on what this site lacks.

It's resource intensive for longer projects. Since the whole site is based on a whole bunch of code being loaded, having anything more than a couple thousand notes in a sequence will lag your computer regardless of what model you use.

Export MIDI still remains to be a problem in certain areas of the sequence. Some notes seem to overlap each other in the export if you position them a certain way on the site. Jacob doesn't plan on fixing this, however.

8-bit and Reverb don't work for me.

Back in the old days, the site used to be down a lot mainly because there were too many connections to the server. I don't find this a problem anymore, because thank god Jacob got a free bandwidth upgrade.

But yeah, there you go, my long rant about OS. I've been using it for ages and I definitely know the nooks and crannies of the site.
Do you want a super simple online music maker?

Do you want an awesome and helpful community?

Look no further with ONLINE SEQUENCER! It's super simple to share the tunes you make with your friend(s) and family!

Can you not read sheet music? NO PROBLEM!

Do you not even know what a key signature is? NO WORRIES

Do you have nowhere else to vent about politics and/or your serious mental health issues? You'll probably just be banned and cause other people so much more stress than they need so go back to Roblox.

PLUS, IT'S ALL FREE
THE MODS ARE ACTIVE
THE OWNER IS ACTIVE TOO
SO GET ON ONLINE SEQUENCER TODAY
On 11/03/2017 I was looking for a website to make some music during lunch break at school. Browsed a few websites but they are too complicated for me so I browsed a few more and boom I found Online Sequencer, put a few notes together and I thought: "smooth." So after I went home I turned on the pc and went to this website again and made my very first theme (A.K.A Nameless Nights) here then I realized I didn't have an account so I made one called "Crimson" and saved the piece again. Then my OS addiction escalated. Yep.
There's nothing like the onlinesequencer, I've been looking for similar for ages. I'm getting old but this site makes me feel young again.
I will probably die if it's down more than a month or so. The OS makes me happy and I'm looking forward to make more and hopefully 
better songs in the future. This is really great Jacob, thank you! Smile
To answer the question "why online sequencer", this reddit comment right here is literally why I made the site: https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/c...s/c7p0tpw/
It was easy to find, was EXTREMELY user friendly, and I couldn't find any other non-download music creating programs (but by now I'd stick with online sequencer even if there were other non-download music creating programs).
(12-07-2017, 04:55 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]To answer the question "why online sequencer", this reddit comment right here is literally why I made the site: https://www.reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue/c...s/c7p0tpw/

That was honestly the original reason I started using OS. Back at like 2013-14, I asked a steam friend of mine if he knew this song I was looking for and I just sent him a recording of me playing it on a *****ty tablet keyboard. He sent me the link to Online Sequencer, and I kept coming back ever since.

Aside from wanting to find out what that song was (I still don't know what it is), I've always wanted to make music, and this site gave everything a complete novice like me would need to get started. I made stuff based on the music I listen to, got inspired by several sequencers who found ways around OS' limitations, and that's what kept me coming back because there's nothing like pushing the limits of the sequencer, and making something sound totally unique because of it.
Pages: 1 2