Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Letting 8-bit sounds be available in shorter than 1/4 notes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I use the 8-bit square a lot, and I don't want to set the tempo super-high for faster parts, because then the slower parts take up way to much space.
Is there a way to do this and I am just an idiot?
Is it to difficult to code this into the program?
Is this a problem to other people?
uhmm
use the shortened notes! they are on the bottom left of the screen, in a folder thing called "Grid:[1/4_______^]"
does that help for the faster parts?
(01-04-2018, 12:44 PM)The One Person Wrote: [ -> ]uhmm
use the shortened notes! they are on the bottom left of the screen, in a folder thing called "Grid:[1/4_______^]"

What I mean is that if I have, say, an eighth note, then another eighth note right after, they will overlap and not work how I want them to. Or maybe the second of those is seen as being at the same time as the first. I hope this makes sense.
(01-04-2018, 12:44 PM)The One Person Wrote: [ -> ]uhmm

Here: 
The first set has the timing, but I don't want that reverberation effect, and I like having things sound consistent. The 8-bit sounds also have the sustain I like for the slower parts.
The second set has the best of both world, but it sounds like 2 very unpleasant tones, rather than 4 individual tones that I want.
I hope this example helps.
Thanks for the demo, it's fixed now.
(01-06-2018, 02:04 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the demo, it's fixed now.

Thanks. That was kinda weird and irritating.
(01-04-2018, 09:39 PM)No_Username Wrote: [ -> ]What I mean is that if I have, say, an eighth note, then another eighth note right after, they will overlap and not work how I want them to. Or maybe the second of those is seen as being at the same time as the first. I hope this makes sense.

yes, im sorry...
what i usually do for that certain situation is use a sixteenth note instead of an eighth note first... then i use the eighth note second so they both play seperately
You shouldn't have to do anything special for 8 bit instruments now, if not please complain until I fix it
(01-09-2018, 11:43 PM)Jacob_ Wrote: [ -> ]You shouldn't have to do anything special for 8 bit instruments now, if not please complain until I fix it

i dont feel like complaining... lol
then why did you post after it was fixed then? Tounge
Pages: 1 2