Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: How to export a Midi with instrument effectss?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there!

This site is good! Very good!
I made my first litle composition here: 

I'd like to know if its possible to export this song with the instruments effects?

Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately, the note effects you hear (delay and reverb) are calculated and played through the browser, which means they won't carry in the export.
Furthermore, the MIDIs not having this effect isn't our fault, as the Delay and Reverb function that Online Sequencer offers isn't supported by General MIDI.

However, I can recommend you a few things that can come close:
1. For reverb, export the MIDI file and convert each track separately into a soundfile (this would require a program like FL Studio or Domino.) Then, you can apply reverb in an audio program such as Audacity. To put the tracks back together in an audio file, you can import multiple audio files (one for each of the tracks in your MIDI) into a single workspace and export them together as an audio file (however, you won't be able to edit each individual track if you only open the audio file.)
2. For delay, export the MIDI file and open a program like FL Studio or Domino and clone the MIDI tracks you want your "delay" effect to be added to. Copy the notes from the source track and paste them into the empty track, but decrease the velocity and move the notes forward. What you'll get is close enough to delay that can be emulated with what MIDI offers.
(01-16-2018, 12:06 PM)dcsm Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, the note effects you hear (delay and reverb) are calculated and played through the browser, which means they won't carry in the export.
Furthermore, the MIDIs not having this effect isn't our fault, as the Delay and Reverb function that Online Sequencer offers isn't supported by General MIDI.

However, I can recommend you a few things that can come close:
1. For reverb, export the MIDI file and convert each track separately into a soundfile (this would require a program like FL Studio or Domino.) Then, you can apply reverb in an audio program such as Audacity. To put the tracks back together in an audio file, you can import multiple audio files (one for each of the tracks in your MIDI) into a single workspace and export them together as an audio file (however, you won't be able to edit each individual track if you only open the audio file.)
2. For delay, export the MIDI file and open a program like FL Studio or Domino and clone the MIDI tracks you want your "delay" effect to be added to. Copy the notes from the source track and paste them into the empty track, but decrease the velocity and move the notes forward. What you'll get is close enough to delay that can be emulated with what MIDI offers.

Might as well make the whole thing in FL Studio at that point.