Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Control Selected Notes With Arrow Keys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As the title says, my suggestion is that you should be able to control the notes you have selected using the arrow keys. It is a bit tedious to have to drag the notes, and this would make it much less tedious.

Also, I think that we should be able to press shift and whatever arrow key and it will move the notes a fourth of a measure in whatever direction, and control if we want to move it a whole measure. It will always go up and down one note if you press up/down unless you select an option that makes it go to the next black or white key.
i like it the way it is. i need those arrows for side scrolling
I like the way it is mainly because I don't want my right hand to let go of my mouse. I side scroll with shift + scroll and I think it's the most convenient way of maneuvering my sequence. It just feels redundant having to switch back and forth from mouse to keyboard.

It's not that hard to drag notes if you know what you're doing, just set the grid accordingly, then just Select Notes > Click > Shift+Scroll while holding down the notes.

Then again, this is just a thought. I'm not particularly supporting or desupporting the idea, thought I'd just mention a trick for the hell of it. (Since I find micromanaging more useful to visual art than to OS, I don't really care about the horizontal movement all that much, although changing keys/scales sounds like a neat concept!)

RIP all you non-mouse users, get on our level pls.