Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: MY DUMB THINGG <(Sincerely, Festy)>
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a dumb thing!

(It's pretty dumb.)

But what IS the dumb thing!?!
Aren't you DYING to know!?!?!?!??!??!

AND WILL I EVER STOP OVERUSING EVERY ONE
OF THESE TEXT OPTIONS!?!

Likely Not.

So...
About this profile?

Buuuuuut anyways, I'm going to tell you about this dumb thing! Other than this profile and thread in general, that is. You are likely at this exact post because I linked you, though, so don't mind this if it ever feels indirect. I know this is technically under "Introduce Yourself," but I don't have much to say in regards to my music and what I do here. As you probably see all the time on this site, I'm just another hobbyist. There's a chance I might remake my songs on this site via outside sources/programs and make a youtube channel, but as of '2/25/18,' this is undecided.
[                                                                                                                 ]
[                                                                                                                 ]
      art
W H O A
C O O L

[                                                                                                                 ][                                                                                                                 ]
A little bit of context...

The thing is a stupid challenge I created, but I think this can legitimately be useful to a lot of people in many differing scenarios. First I'm going to provide some backstory, so if you feel like skipping this nonsense, just skip to the next sub-heading below.

Alright, are we good? Do you even want to be here? No? Excellent!
Balamity is a mod on the 2D Sandbox game Berraria, and a mod with a rather large community at that. It may be one of the most, if not THE most downloaded mod on Berraria as of the current day I am writing this. I've been subscribed to a channel for a while who has started to work on a track for this mod. It is to be noted that HE reached out to THEM, rather than vice versa.

The soundtracks he is working on specifically corresponds to the bosses in the mod. Each of these bosses are vastly unique, and given how terraria works, most of them are based on certain elements, or certain specific biomes, or theme, etc.. This, in my opinion, is what makes this music so phenomenal. With this in mind, here comes the next strange part of this thread. The actual challenge.

But anyways, the actual challenge:

Via yet another youtube video, I had found a website called "The Superpower Wikipediiiaaaaaa." They used this in the same way I intend too; they hit the randomized button, used that as a variable to determine how their strange video would go, and got some crazy obsure power like the ability to shoot Bones or something like that. (Usually in unison with another power, which made some pretty funny results. But this would make much more sense in the context of said video, which I will link below.)

------------------------------------

This DOES NOT have to be exclusive to the Superpower or Superhero wikia or whatever the heck this thing is. I chose this specifically because:

--

a) There's a higher chance of getting something elemental. This of course meant something like, I don't know, "Ice Man" or whatnot. (Though that is quite possibly one of the most boring superhero names ever conceived by the human mind.)

--

b) I'm no weeb or super anime fan of any kind, but MAN do some animes have some outstanding themes. It's practically undeniable. Except not really. It's the internet. Bearing this in mind, finding one or two anime characters and just coming up with some theme (more effective if you don't know the character, such as I likely won't with almost every character that pops up) can really get ideas flowing. This is a very good thing. Ideas are good. Yeah. Woo. Go ideas.

--

c) There is no C. I just wanted this to look special by having more than two specific reasons.

------------------------------------

Alright, I'll just get to the point.

So this is basically the challenge. Just hit the "Random Page" button under "Explore" on the top toolbar, and try to make a song based off of that. You can hit it more than once, but I'd like to see the results this wields if this ever gets anywhere, which it likely won't. Again, this doesn't have to be exclusive to Superhero Wikia. You can literally use any wikia with a randomizer, or ANY randomizer in general in fact. This is just some way to get ideas flowing when you don't have any. Oddly enough, this works way better for me than just sitting down and making music or making whatever is in my head. Then again, even I don't know how my mind works.

So this concludes...this, I guess. again, I'd like to see some results below if anyone feels like jumping on the world's most slow and boring train possibly achievable. Oh, and here's some links.

Links I Guess:

That one video with the superhero generator.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?[u]v=S8yYASK6M04[/u]

DM Dokuro, that guy who makes the Terraria mod music stuff.

Oh, and the wikipedia I've been using.

These are somewhat irrelevant links, but hey, whatever. They're here.
Did you click on my trick links instead of copy-pasting them? Haha, got you. c:<

--

My Music!
And stuff I made because of this challenge

--