Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Follow-up on my previous Suggestion thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just listening to all the new instruments is super exciting! I can't wait for the update
What? No! Who said we needed a complete redesign and more instruments? None of this actually helps OS, maybe besides new instruments! Why? How?
Frank:
What would you consider a good way to help Online Sequencer? This is why the suggestions forum is here. We take your suggestions and try our best to make them happen. Go post a new suggestion thread with everything you can think of
I just don't understand why the current OS design is outdated. I didn't see any fundamental features being changed, yet now old people will have to get used to something pointless. Maybe I am in the minority, but I prefer quality over quantity in terms of design upgrades. For example, a sustain feature besides 8-bit is something Jacob_ seems to be unable to do because of his lack of experience, according to him. Also useful would be different time signatures and other stuff I forget. Also, if quantity is what is wanted, more scales would be nice. Also, he could redesign the scales feature so you have separate areas for the Key and Mode.
(03-16-2018, 03:13 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand why the current OS design is outdated. I didn't see any fundamental features being changed, yet now old people will have to get used to something pointless. Maybe I am in the minority, but I prefer quality over quantity in terms of design upgrades. For example, a sustain feature besides 8-bit is something Jacob_ seems to be unable to do because of his lack of experience, according to him. Also useful would be different time signatures and other stuff I forget. Also, if quantity is what is wanted, more scales would be nice. Also, he could redesign the scales feature so you have separate areas for the Key and Mode.

I disagree. I agree that the change in colors is going to be hard to get used. However, the drop down instrument selector and mixer tabs will be quite obnoxious with all the new instruments, I think this new sidebar will be very useful. The header changes are completely cosmetic; if you're trying to complain about this, then you're just looking for something to be upset about. Your other suggestions are valid, but beggars can't be choosers. I personally believe the only reason you're criticizing this update is for attention; there's nothing wrong with it.
(03-17-2018, 01:29 AM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-16-2018, 03:13 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't understand why the current OS design is outdated. I didn't see any fundamental features being changed, yet now old people will have to get used to something pointless. Maybe I am in the minority, but I prefer quality over quantity in terms of design upgrades. For example, a sustain feature besides 8-bit is something Jacob_ seems to be unable to do because of his lack of experience, according to him. Also useful would be different time signatures and other stuff I forget. Also, if quantity is what is wanted, more scales would be nice. Also, he could redesign the scales feature so you have separate areas for the Key and Mode.

I disagree. I agree that the change in colors is going to be hard to get used. However, the drop down instrument selector and mixer tabs will be quite obnoxious with all the new instruments, I think this new sidebar will be very useful. The header changes are completely cosmetic; if you're trying to complain about this, then you're just looking for something to be upset about. Your other suggestions are valid, but beggars can't be choosers. I personally believe the only reason you're criticizing this update is for attention; there's nothing wrong with it.

I agree with you, and I think the update is good, but it's Frank's own opinion to not like the new update, and I personally think it's kind of rude to call him off as an attention grabber for simply having a different opinion. While I feel it's okay to disagree with someone respectfully, telling someone that he/she is wrong and is just looking for something to complain about isn't really the best idea.
Granted, if he made up crap and took things out of context to somehow call the new site "ableist," then you may need to raise some questions. But simply showing discontent for legitimate reasons is nothing more than expressing an opinion, regardless on whether or not you agree.
Again, I agree that the new update is good, and I do think that OS has some problems (The sidebar would be so much better than the stupid drop down thing, especially with all the instruments we are gonna have), but I don't think that someone should be passed off as looking for attention simply for not agreeing. Just saying.
As a side note, I recommend that some instruments should be grouped together, such as the drum kits together, the strings together, the guitars together, the 8 bits together, and so on. Just a small change.
If you mean "grouped by color," then I've done that already. As of now, this is how the colors for the new instruments look.
[Image: unknown.png]

Blue is the keyed instruments [Piano(s), Steel Drum, Music Box, Vibraphone, Xylophone]
Red is the drum instruments [Percussion, Electric Drums, 808 Drums, 8-Bit Drums]
Purple is the 8-bit instruments [Sine, Square, Triangle, Sawtooth]
Orange is the natural plucked instruments [Acoustic Guitar, Pizzicato, Sitar, Koto, Concert Harp]
Brown is the natural String Instruments [Violin, Cello]
Dark Green is the electric Instruments [E-Guitar, Muted E-Guitar, Distortion Guitar, slap bass, regular bass, jazz guitar, 808 bass]
Teal is the synth Instruments [smooth synth, synth pluck, sci-fi, synth bass, pop synth]
Lime is the wind instruments [french horn, trombone, flute, saxaphone]

The dark blue ones are Slap Bass and Church Organ
The black one is 808 Bass

I think we're going to be safe with 40 instruments for a looooooong time. More than 40 and we're going to have problems with the colors being to similar
Love it alot
Pages: 1 2