Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Top 10 things to avoid as a beginner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Can confirm: reverb everything. It's powerup mode for sequences. :D
Personally, I would like to add Harmony z fighting
to the list. When you are trying to "invent" a chord, don't put a note one pitch higher than the other note. It doesn't have that "chord effect" Listen to the first measure vs the second measure of this:

hopefully that shows a thumbnail lol. The first measure doesn't sound like harmony at all, it just sounds... flat out horrible! Compare that to the second measure, which actually sounds like an actual chord.
(07-15-2020, 03:09 PM)PixelRunner Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I would like to add Harmony z fighting
to the list. When you are trying to "invent" a chord, don't put a note one pitch higher than the other note. It doesn't have that "chord effect" Listen to the first measure vs the second measure of this:

hopefully that shows a thumbnail lol. The first measure doesn't sound like harmony at all, it just sounds... flat out horrible! Compare that to the second measure, which actually sounds like an actual chord.

that sounds great idk what shit you're smoking
(07-15-2020, 03:09 PM)PixelRunner Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I would like to add Harmony z fighting

Yeah no.  These are both just intervals.  Chords are usually three or more notes.

Also minor seconds are okay if that's the effect you're going for.  "Chordy" vs. "Not Chordy" is complete bull*****
z fighting is actually a term in 3d graphics where two different, say, colored faces are overlapping and they literrally fight for dominence
(07-15-2020, 04:15 PM)PixelRunner Wrote: [ -> ]z fighting is actually a term in 3d graphics where two different, say, colored faces are overlapping and they literrally fight for dominence

what
(07-15-2020, 04:15 PM)PixelRunner Wrote: [ -> ]z fighting is actually a term in 3d graphics where two different, say, colored faces are overlapping and they literrally fight for dominence
yeah, no one cares
(07-15-2020, 04:16 PM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]
yeah, no one cares

whaaaaaat
i never get accepted Sad
I've just recently started and I'm already guilty of octave overload...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7