Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Top 10 things to avoid as a beginner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(01-20-2021, 10:43 AM)The_NerdyWay Wrote: [ -> ]How the heck do you make notes longer? I'm new and I don't know how to do anything. Angry
Click and drag the notes to the right.
bruhm unfuny
Nice tips
Funny thread... next...
1. It does kind of help when you want to make something sound dramatic to be honest.

2. I actually don't use reverb on percussion.

3. Yes. I 100% agree with you. The only reason to spam noise is for a troll sequence.

4. Yes. This is a very bad idea. Let me give an example:

[url=][/url]

Version one: no octaves. Sounds a tad bit boring.
Version two: low and high octaves added. sounds okay.
Version three: Octave spam. Sounds bad.
Version four: More octave spam. Sounds really bad.

5. Truth.

7. I think that everyone kind of has their own style, and if they want to compose in just one way (say, 8-bit) then it's up to them. But yeah, they shouldn't be jerks about it.

8. Again, people shouldn't be jerks and spam their stuff.

9. I wouldn't say that Grand Piano is a bad instrument, but I'd say that Distortion Guitar and 808 Bass are really hard to use well.

10. Yes, it's a bit restricting, but it's not the worst thing in the world. I'd say it helps a little, but you need to learn to not be entirely bound to it.
So, this is basically the tech-tree of online sequencer. First, you discover the instrument options which change volume. Then, you start tinkering with delay and reverb. After that, you realize there is an advanced option of sounds and an equalizer. Next, you find out you can change instrument volumes with alt scroll wheel. And finally, you discover markers to change instrument settings throughout the song.
(03-10-2018, 04:13 PM)Alex! Wrote: [ -> ]oh. dont forget about the megalovainias
I can tell why megalo is so disliked. there are too many low-quality versions in the sequencer. it's sad. now it has instilled a hatred for even the cool megalo.
thanks a ton for the info!
-Bagface
Even if you suck at percussion, you can always put in something super basic like a kick at the start of each measure and build up from there, and add things that accent the melody and feel of the song.
Good to know!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7