Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Rating system for songs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
A "thumbs up/down" for songs.
thats kinda what the chat is for. Feedback on music for aspiring music maker people isnt super helpful without specifics. Post ya songs on the chat see what people think but lots of people telling you a thing was good or bad when you dont know why will only make your work stagnate cuz you'll end up clinging fultiley to the the parts you think might work and being too afraid to venture away from them

in other words, i dont like the idea of a ratings system.

we have a chat
(03-12-2018, 10:08 AM)EtherBot Wrote: [ -> ]thats kinda what the chat is for. Feedback on music for aspiring music maker people isnt super helpful without specifics. Post ya songs on the chat see what people think but lots of people telling you a thing was good or bad when you dont know why will only make your work stagnate cuz you'll end up clinging fultiley to the the parts you think might work and being too afraid to venture away from them

we have a chat

It would be more passive, like the Youtube rating system. 

Then anyone would be able to see how good the song is at any time.

(My opinion)
(03-12-2018, 10:08 AM)EtherBot Wrote: [ -> ]thats kinda what the chat is for. Feedback on music for aspiring music maker people isnt super helpful without specifics. Post ya songs on the chat see what people think but lots of people telling you a thing was good or bad when you dont know why will only make your work stagnate cuz you'll end up clinging fultiley to the the parts you think might work and being too afraid to venture away from them

we have a chat

The thing is that the chat's a pretty trashy community at the moment and there's like only a certain portion of it that would genuinely help you out. Two-thirds of the site would probably ignore you, one-sixth would probably say it's just good without any further elaboration and the other one-sixth would actually help, but you only listen to like 25% of that advice. Neither option really works out since a rating system would be more for the leaderboards as well.

Forums is your best shot for getting accurate advice. It's much easier to type on without the risk of letting your reviews getting lost down the drain.

we have a chat
 but not everyone uses the chat, and there may be users who don't speak english. also, there's a view counter, so by those rules, someone could view their own song several times as a guest, and climb to the top, even if it's spam. at the very least, i think there should be something like what twitter does, except no replys, just a "favorite" or "like" button. we already have a sort of "reshare" by editing, and comments can be typed on their profile. this way, people can also see what other people like, and can start conversations and collabs easier.

we have a chat

yeah, but it would make competitions better and make it so that people don't have to make accounts to like your stuff. giving more feedback and more realistic data.
(03-12-2018, 10:05 AM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]A "thumbs up/down" for songs.

Also what about a comment section?
While the chat and the forums aren't the best place for feedback, I don't think a rating system would help too much. It's likely to make things competitive in an unhealthy way, and worst of all: some people may resort to begging for likes rather than asking for actual feedback. The intent may be good, but I don't think that kind of system will work very well for OS.
Agreed on the competition part Wafels. If we ever had to add this system however, a 5-star system would be a more accurate representation of the actual quality of the sequence over like/dislike that can be -potentially- botted. In the meanwhile, forum contests are the best way to determine the best sequences, the only bad thing about it is how it's locked to a certain period of time.

The forum in itself is the best way to ask for feedback, except the fact that it's definitely an overshadowed aspect of the site.
(05-07-2018, 10:17 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed on the competition part Wafels. If we ever had to add this system however, a 5-star system would be a more accurate representation of the actual quality of the sequence over like/dislike that can be -potentially- botted. In the meanwhile, forum contests are the best way to determine the best sequences, the only bad thing about it is how it's locked to a certain period of time.

The forum in itself is the best way to ask for feedback, except the fact that it's definitely an overshadowed aspect of the site.

Star system is what we need.
Pages: 1 2