Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Ask Me Anything! [Moderator Edition]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(03-19-2018, 03:18 AM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]Ah jeez. You can't really put any complicated inflections in writing, huh?
Before I give my question (no, the one above wasn't it) I do have a disclaimer (because HOLY CRAP there could be some bad consequences if this was taken the wrong way): I just want to point out that no, I do not expect to be a mod, and would be very surprised if I ever became one, and I'm just asking this as a general question because I'm curious about how it works.

How does the whole "becoming a mod" process work?

Srsly tho plz don't take that the wrong way, I'm just curious on how it works, not asking you if I can become a mod.

the process of becoming a mod is pretty much don't be annoying, don't ask for mod, become pretty well known and respected in the community, and be helpful.

(for me, knowing how to code raised my chances so there's another)
(03-19-2018, 06:32 AM)Nt45 Wrote: [ -> ]How often do you plan on updating OS in terms of new instruments ( I know we got a ton, and it's awesome!), and thanks to all the mods that work hard to keep this website running!

we probably wont add very many new instruments often, maybe a few new ones here and there. there are more instruments coming soon™ like the flute.

and thank you for using online sequencer! c:
(03-19-2018, 02:40 PM)fox Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-19-2018, 03:18 AM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]Ah jeez. You can't really put any complicated inflections in writing, huh?
Before I give my question (no, the one above wasn't it) I do have a disclaimer (because HOLY CRAP there could be some bad consequences if this was taken the wrong way): I just want to point out that no, I do not expect to be a mod, and would be very surprised if I ever became one, and I'm just asking this as a general question because I'm curious about how it works.

How does the whole "becoming a mod" process work?

Srsly tho plz don't take that the wrong way, I'm just curious on how it works, not asking you if I can become a mod.

the process of becoming a mod is pretty much don't be annoying, don't ask for mod, become pretty well known and respected in the community, and be helpful.

(for me, knowing how to code raised my chances so there's another)

Ok thanks.
(03-18-2018, 06:16 PM)Zeodexic Wrote: [ -> ]what are the plans for onlinesequencer's future?

More community features have been mentioned for the growing community on Online Sequencer. Now that we've got instruments to last a good while, we're hopefully going to prioritize the rating/on-sequence comment system.

I also added my two cents in the past mentioning some sort of leaderboard system categorized by sequences, views, time spent online, etc. But depending on what's considered, leaderboards might be controversial and will have to be frequently monitored for any sort of circumvention. We could incorporate a Favorites system where you can bookmark your favorite sequence, user, and basically consider that as a statistic for future use.

(03-18-2018, 07:36 PM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]what is the gay to straight ratio for the mods

If bisexual is considered in the gay ratio, then it's verified that 2:5 people are gay to straight in the moderation team. Everyone else is actually straight or probably making a joke out of it. :(

(03-19-2018, 03:18 AM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]How does the whole "becoming a mod" process work?

The entire mod process is actually based on availability, and not purely by nomination. Back when we had four moderators, I was initially chosen to replace ParaSpider. As the community grew (and became more troublesome), we also picked up Crimson. On my temporary leave, we nominated fox and XStep to moderate in my place. That's more or less where we're at right now.

Then there's general traits of being recognized by the community for contributing and being an active user. If everyone talks about you on the site regardless of your presence, there's a good chance that you might be in some sort of consideration by the moderators who will recommend you as a nominee.

Of course, even with all the recommendations made by the moderators, the final decision is made by Jacob_ to promote a user. Whether he wants to is completely up to him, so if someone makes it towards being a moderator, then congratulations! They get bragging rights, stalker material, and unlimited legal name changes.

(03-19-2018, 06:29 AM)Benjobanjo7 Wrote: [ -> ]It's always "where are the mods?" and never "how are the mods?" so

How are you all doing?

Thank you for asking! My day is going quite normally as of the moment.

(03-19-2018, 06:32 AM)Nt45 Wrote: [ -> ]How often do you plan on updating OS in terms of new instruments ( I know we got a ton, and it's awesome!), and thanks to all the mods that work hard to keep this website running!

At the moment of writing this post, I believe that this is going to be the second-to-last update for instruments for a long time. We still have yet to release the other instruments that weren't included in this batch update, such as the flute, pop synth, and other basses. We're taking everything slowly so that we don't break the site or anything like that.

Of course, this doesn't mean this is the end of all instrument suggestions on OS. If the popular demand is really high, then we could consider these instruments-- given that they don't sound similar to an existing one.

(03-19-2018, 07:10 AM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]Why did you create OS? Also, what pronoun should I use when addressing Lucent? Also, why did Lucent come back from the dead? Also, do you still update https://buildism.net/ ? It says OS ended 2015.

Post referring to why Jacob made OS: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...9&pid=7640

I'm female, and I have my personal reasons for coming back to the site.

It seems apparent that Jacob no longer updates his own page anymore, not to mention that many of the links are dead.
Pages: 1 2