Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 8-bit changed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I noticed today when I played back some of my 8-bit sequences that a sort of pause has been added at the end of the 8-bit notes, so that when 2 notes are played one beat after the other, they aren't connected anymore. I'm gonna be honest, I dislike this new change. Most if not all of my 8-bit sequences have a lot of notes that are meant to connect to make the song flow, and now that this change has been implemented, they don't quite sound the same. If it's possible could y'all admin folks please fix this? It's no huge deal if it's too much trouble to fix.

Edit: Really?? How do you people like this change??
I personally disagree with this:

It's not that I think you don't disagree with new update. I also totally understand that some of your old sequences will need to be changed to accommodate the update...

But I personally would like to disagree and also ask the moderators to not change it back.
I personally have actually been hoping that they would do this for quite some time now, and I am incredibly happy that they finally have gotten to do it!

Thanks mods/Jacob_/whomever it may concern
for the constant updates and site maintenance, keeping OS updated and safe!
if you drag the end of a not you can change its length, works for 8 bit instruments only
I noticed that this 8-bit change not only affected 8-bit in the way I mentioned above, but also in this song that I made about a year ago, the upper notes aren't even stretching out at all. The lengthened notes will just play as a little blip, as if they were just 1/4 notes.
(03-31-2018, 11:09 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]I personally disagree with this:

It's not that I think you don't disagree with new update. I also totally understand that some of your old sequences will need to be changed to accommodate the update...

But I personally would like to disagree and also ask the moderators to not change it back.
I personally have actually been hoping that they would do this for quite some time now, and I am incredibly happy that they finally have gotten to do it!

The problem is, in the way that this change was implemented, there is no possible way to modify the songs to make them sound the way they sounded before.
(03-31-2018, 11:11 PM)Lil\ Hunter Wrote: [ -> ]if you drag the end of a not you can change its length, works for 8 bit instruments only

The ability to stretch the notes isn't the problem. What I take issue with is that if you are trying to connect two notes, for example, C5 and G5; and they are right next to each other in the progression of the song, they won't flow and there will always be that little pause.

Another example: these notes don't connect like they used to.
One more thing to note: this 'pause' that has been put in place could already be done manually just by slightly shortening the previous note. Example:

I have used this technique in many of my sequences and it is not difficult to do.
(04-01-2018, 02:08 PM)Eandrew Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2018, 11:09 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]I personally disagree with this:

The problem is, in the way that this change was implemented, there is no possible way to modify the songs to make them sound the way they sounded before.
One thing that seems to pretty consistently work for me is this:
Set your grid to 1/16, use the select all notes button, extend all notes by 1/16.
i like it now. it's better.
(04-01-2018, 02:19 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-01-2018, 02:08 PM)Eandrew Wrote: [ -> ]

It's not that I think you don't disagree with new update. I also totally understand that some of your old seekwences will need to be changed to accommodate the update...

One thing that seems to pretty consistently work for me is this:
Set your grid to 1/16, use the select all notes button, extend all notes by 1/16.
Yeah that could work, but when you have any kind of chords playing over and over again, it's all messed up. Plus it creates an awkward delay to the notes in relation to everything else.
Pages: 1 2