Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: C0 - C8 Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think the frequency range should span across the range of a full size piano, as well as down to C0 (16hz) to reach 8 octaves for maximum musical range.
In addition, I believe every sample should not be limited to a range and should span across 8 octaves each.
This would probably cause a lot of lag that this site does not need and the server may crash every day
(04-13-2018, 07:28 PM)alex32124 Wrote: [ -> ]This would probably cause a lot of lag that this site does not need and the server may crash every day

And why would that be?
(04-14-2018, 03:10 AM)Tests Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-13-2018, 07:28 PM)alex32124 Wrote: [ -> ]This would probably cause a lot of lag that this site does not need and the server may crash every day

And why would that be?

Are we playing the music on the server or locally? I don't see how lag should be an issue. An issue I see is that there are not sufficient sound samples avalable to cover the entire C0 - C8 range. It all depends how sound samples are obtained by OS.
I completely understand C8, but why C0?
Humans can only hear 20hz to 20khz (generally speaking, anyway).
In some trance music, very low frequencies are used to work at the unconscience level
(04-14-2018, 03:58 AM)dfhwze Wrote: [ -> ]In some trance music, very low frequencies are used to work at the unconscience level

Got it.
We have to load 32 instruments on the site now, since the update. It would probably use up A LOT more loading time if we had notes spanning across the entire keyboard. Depending on someone's computer, OS is becoming harder to handle.

Not to mention, the older instruments cannot be easily replicated to update the note range. We're still using soundfonts from other VSTs, and Jacob just doesn't remember the settings for each.
If more and more instruments become available, perhaps they should be grouped by 'genre' or something, or at least in several different presets. The default one could then load a standard set of instruments.
Wait for the update. It will come
Pages: 1 2