Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Layers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
  • Hey, fancy seeing you here Heh  . Seriously though, I don't make suggestions a lot, or look at the suggestion forums. Mostly because of the past abundance of "aDd ThIs InStRuMeNt WhIcH wOnT sOuNd GoOd On ThIs PlAtFoRm!!!". Because I avoid this forum, it wouldn't be surprising if someone else had already made this suggestion and I just missed it, so let me know if that's the case.
  • First of all, do you like pizza on your pineapple?  Eggplant
  • Second of all, FUUCKKK how do I get rid of the bullet points???
  • Ignoring that, I want to put it out there that I don't feel that Jacob_ has any obligation at all to make this update, or any other, really. It's just more of a "Okay, but if you DO DO this, then here's my idea of HOW to do it"
  • OKAY Angry SO Huh 
  • Bigeyes  Um...
  • Nervous uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • OH YEAH Happywide , the suggestion. 
  • Okay, so, basically, as you can guess by the title I'm talking about layersOmg  The many people on this site who use digital art tools probably have some idea of where this is going.
  • The idea is for the purpose of organizing sequences like [url=]this[/url], and making them easier to continue working on. It'd also be useful for drums.  
  • It's fairly simple. (To be truly fair, I have an extremely high IQ and  I can understand something like this INSTANTANEOUSLY) Basically, you would have a dropdown  like the "File Edit Tools" dropdowns in the top left of the sequencer, or like instrument dropdown. You would have the ability to make a new layer, delete another layer, clone layers, merge layers, and of course open layers. Not all of these functions are necessary, however.
  • The layers themselves would function just like a normal sequence, you'd be able to use any instrument in the layer, in any way. You'd also be given the option to play all layers simultaneously in a master thing.
  • Now, I know what you're thinking: "I wonder if Shreku-senpai got home okay ?? Oops  I'd better call him Blush  . Not because I want to, or anything Liar , I just to make sure he's safe!"
  • Good question! There's not enough reason in having OS do a playlist type thing, because OS doesn't support automation or audio clips. It wouldn't be useless, but I think this would be easier and just as effective in the meanwhile. (Then again Idk anything about making a website, so who knows.)

• ANYWAY, THANKS FOR READING  Cheese
TL;DR:  a suggestion, but over saturated with low-quality humor and colored text ...  Fire
I made a similar post about layers. Here is the suggestion I made:

Quote:It would be nice to have layers like in Photoshop. The user should be able to select only the layers they wish to interact with and only the notes inserted in the selected layer(s) would be interactable. Being able to mute or change the volume of individual layers would be a plus.

I know some of this functionality is provided by being able to lock certain instruments and select only notes of a specific instrument, but this would give the user more control if they are using the same instrument for multiple parts.

Edit: basically, I want the dropdown menu that lets you control volume, reverb, lock etc for the instruments, but instead of it being per instrument, I want it to be per layers which are instrument independent.
How far will you go with these layers?
Will the grid be part of each layer, or would you still only have a master grid?
Could you be able to reuse instruments in different layers?
Would the volume and effects of an instrument be part of the instrument, or part of the layer?
and so on ...

These are huge changes. I doubt this is feasible in a freeware tool. Professional sequencers are expensive for a reason.