Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Top 10 OS Composers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey people. I'm rating my top 10 favorite composers on the site today. a few things to note is that im going for people who are mostly active (so no JHXC). im going by my opinion, so dont feel offended if youre not here. another reason a really good person might not be here is I forgot, or i just havent heard their music. dont feel bad if you get a low spot on the list, honestly, just being on it is an achievement. also i wont be including myself for obvious reasons.

dont be afraid to post your top 10 below too!

lets get started

10. The One Person (TOP)
Ironic, how the tenth person in a top 10 list is called TOP. But really, I think she belongs on this list. I think TOP is underrated tbh. Her songs are usually fairly creative and inspirational [url=]like this.[/url]

9. DCSM
DC is another really underrated composer on this site. He's probably one of the most well-rounded people on this list, and he has a good understanding of what makes a song good. Sometimes, however, I feel like this understanding is too good sometimes, and his music sometimes comes across as somewhat formulaic. [url=]This is one of my favorite songs by him.[/url]

8. Fox
Fox is hard to describe. Fox's music falls under the category of "not god-tier, but not awful" sort of. His music strikes me as sort of simple, and catchy. And of generally high quality. [url=]Here's a song by him.[/url]

7. Xstep (X)
Xstep is, with over 2,000 sequences, (I think) the guy with the most sequences on the site. His music is sort of game-like and grandiose, I think. He's probably one of the less consistent people on this list, but hes really good when he's good, and a good few people even think he's in favor to win the World Contest. Here's one of his [url=]top sequences[/url]

6. asdf
Yes, that's the name that I think most people call him by on this site, and his username. Despite having a name like this, his music is actually really good. He seems to be really experimental with his music, and it comes off really improv-ish to me. [url=]I really like this song.[/url]

5. MysticSwe
We're now in the second half of the list, and we're starting it off with Mystic. Mystic I think is biologically the oldest person on the site, but I could be wrong. His music typically has a very happy, major tone to it. [url=]Here's a song by him that I really enjoy.[/url]

4. Guest
Personally, I really like Guest's music. He's good at percussion, and writes nice melodies. There's not really much else to say. [url=]Here's a really good song.[/url]

Top 3

UT is one of the most underrated people on the site imo. In fact, this might be the biggest plot twist on the list for some people. I think it could be due to him doing mostly remixes and covers, which seem sort of shunned from the OS community. I honestly believe though, that UT has great musical sense, even in his covers. He manages to usually get really balanced sounding stuff, that also usually sounds really accurate to the song. Another thing that I think people sort of gloss over or miss is that he has done original songs before, and they were actually pretty good. [url=]This song[/url] in particular has a really good bassline and was pretty inspirational for me.

I don't think many people will be surprised by this one though. Funny story, I think I was actually the first Lucent fanboy. Back when [url=]This song[/url] was being made 2 years ago, I ran into it on random. I really liked it, and I made a god awful "remix" of it, and PMed it to her (this was before the chat was active) only to be ignored for a couple months. Moral of the story: I have a small brain Anyway, if this were a contest for who can write the best melodies and chords, Lucent would win easily. My favorite right now is [url=]Seraph[/url].

1. Wafels
I don't think this one will come as a surprise to many either. One of the many reasons I'm putting Wafels at first is because he doesn't really have a weak point. Another is that he always seems to come up with new ways to make sounds that most people didn't even consider possible before. A good example of this is a really inspirational song "[url=]It's raining again[/url]". I think my favorite song by him right now is "[url=]Affogato[/url]"

anyway, if you disagree with me (you probably do) then feel free to post your own top 10, or top 5, or top 69, I dont really care. Its 8 AM, I didnt sleep, Im tired, Goodnight
My top 10:
10. Julesvpraag
9. Julesvpraag
8. Julesvpraag
7. Julesvpraag
6. Julesvpraag
5. Julesvpraag
4. Julesvpraag
3. Julesvpraag
2. Julesvpraag
1. Julesvpraag
why isnt guest higher...
but anyways the best band has to be Trigak am i right?
idk how to use bbcode https://onlinesequencer.net/members/18900
where the heck is george burdell
George Burdell doesn't exist but has created over 600k sequences - all of them which were not created by a logged in account. With a diverse style, he's been composing since Richard Nixon was the US president.

https://onlinesequencer.net/members/0
what a god
Jonah! I love your list, but where's JHXC!!!
(05-23-2018, 05:13 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Jonah! I love your list, but where's JHXC!!!

only doing active users
oh ok. lol u scared me there.
george burdell for 0
Pages: 1 2 3