Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Advertised Sequences and View Counts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(06-02-2018, 07:27 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2018, 05:29 PM)Palpatrump Wrote: [ -> ]OBJECTION!

did you advertise it in chat? tl;dr

No, in the forums.

exactly, no one actually reads forums, unless they are prevelant, plus not enough songs to prove it isnt random
(06-02-2018, 07:32 PM)Palpatrump Wrote: [ -> ]

No, in the forums.

exactly, no one actually reads forums, unless they are prevelant, plus not enough songs to prove it isnt random

Could you be a little more specific by "not enough songs to prove it isnt random"?
Also, completely called it that the post was most likely gonna get tl;dr'd.
(06-02-2018, 07:33 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2018, 07:32 PM)Palpatrump Wrote: [ -> ]

No, in the forums.

Could you be a little more specific by "not enough songs to prove it isnt random"?
Also, completely called it that the post was most likely gonna get tl;dr'd.

sorry, i mistated.

you need a larger sample size, more posted in chat and more left alone to truly give an accurate answer. idk look up the scientific method or whatever :D
Ah, I see what you're referring to. Let me explain a few things.
First of all, you actually can do it with 2 samples of size 15. You could even do it with size 10.
You see, the standard deviation for the sampling distribution of x̄A-x̄N needs to be approximately Normal in order to do inference about a population. Now, the larger the sample sizes are, the more this helps, as the sampling distribution of the means will approach the Normal model as sample size increases due to the Central Limit Theorem. However, even if you have a small sample, if the distribution of the sample data are unimodal and roughly symmetric, then the sampling distribution will still be Normal.

I also want to explain how sample size directly relates to the variability of the sampling distribution. For the difference in means, it is [Image: se-diff-2means.gif], where σ represents standard deviation and n represents sample size. As you can probably see, the large sample size decreases the variation, as we're dividing by n. With less variation, a smaller difference could be detected.

All in all, while a larger sample size helps, it is not necessary.

Also, if you tl;dr this I will completely ignore the rest of your arguments.
(06-02-2018, 07:43 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see what you're referring to. Let me explain a few things.
First of all, you actually can do it with 2 samples of size 15. You could even do it with size 10.
You see, the standard deviation for the sampling distribution of x̄A-x̄N needs to be approximately Normal in order to do inference about a population.

Not done I just have some formatting errors.

you use very complicated words. tl;dr

XD, sorry. I just thought that the randomniz of the people mindlessly clicking could affect it.

also, needs more clickbait

:D

But, yes i understand now thanks
(06-02-2018, 07:45 PM)Palpatrump Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2018, 07:43 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I see what you're referring to. Let me explain a few things.
You see, the standard deviation for the sampling distribution of x̄A-x̄N needs to be approximately Normal in order to do inference about a population.

Not done I just have some formatting errors.

you use very complicated words. tl;dr

XD, sorry. I just thought that the randomniz of the people mindlessly clicking could affect it.

also, needs more clickbait

:D

But, yes i understand now thanks
First of all, no I'm not going back on my word; this wasn't an argument.

Ok I see what you mean now. To simply put it, the point of an experiment is to produce representative results. Even as Eandrew stated, whenever he sees a large bunch of sequences, he just might pick 2 or 3 to listen to. Based on the sounds of it, he also would do it on non-experiment actually self-advertising pages, making the experiment results accurate to what would normally happen. Basically, the entire point was to get people to treat it as if they would with anything else, and if they did, the results are ok.

Basically, since I want to learn about what would normally happen, I want others to treat it as they normally would.
Hooray I finally finished it.
Look at the first 2 posts to see what I mean.
2/10 not Bayesian enough. ಠ_ಠ

Jokes aside, it's nice to stumble upon hypothesis testing in random places Smile

We should start a petition to have MathJax integrated into the forum.
This was my AP Stats final project. Smile
im into this a lot but I'm curious how you being reputable and your advertised sequences being educational "example" sequences effected things. Would two relatively unknown dummy accounts have the same results advertising their own songs on the forum vs not at all?
Pages: 1 2 3