Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Ideas Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since I've just finished typing up the statistical inference on my experiment to OS (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2701), I now have time for this!

A while back, I made a post showcasing different ideas for the instruments on OS (https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2655). The sequences shown there had a bunch of little tunes that weren't "fleshed out," making them easy to work with and expand upon. This contest is for exactly that. Take any of the tunes (or combine multiple ones) and turn them into full fledged sequences. The rules are simple:
  • It has to include at least one of the "ideas."
  • It has to add on to any of the "ideas" showcased.
  • You can only add original parts to the "ideas" showcased in order to flesh them out.
If any sequence presents a gray area in the rules, I'll be the judge as to whether or not they break the rules.
The "ideas" sequence is here (also, feel free to use other instruments besides elec. piano for the "ideas"):

I look forward to seeing what you all come up with!
Heck yes! I've been waiting for one of these! It's been a while since OS had one of these remix contests.
Trap 8-Bit Idea :D
Ok I am a little confused but let me get some clarification. Are you saying that the 'ideas' sequences contain more than one idea? and if so, which measures are they split across?
(06-13-2018, 05:25 PM)Eandrew Wrote: [ -> ]Ok I am a little confused but let me get some clarification. Are you saying that the 'ideas' sequences contain more than one idea? and if so, which measures are they split across?

Idea 1: measures 1-12
Idea 2: measures 13-25
Idea 3: measures 26-31
Idea 4: measures 32-36
Idea 5: measures 37-45
Idea 6: measures 46-52

That should clear things up.
(06-13-2018, 05:14 PM)SyntaxError Wrote: [ -> ]Trap 8-Bit Idea   :D

I don't think you understood what I meant. This does not fit the rules whatsoever.
Do we need to use a whole idea, or can we use part of an idea?
(06-14-2018, 03:28 AM)Tests Wrote: [ -> ]Do we need to use a whole idea, or can we use part of an idea?

While it's recommended to use a whole idea, all you really have to do is use enough of it so that I recognize that it is from the ideas sequence.
(06-14-2018, 03:36 AM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2018, 03:28 AM)Tests Wrote: [ -> ]Do we need to use a whole idea, or can we use part of an idea?

While it's recommended to use a whole idea, all you really have to do is use enough of it so that I recognize that it is from the ideas sequence.
Okay. Thanks!
I am uncertain about the rules regarding original parts. Are we allowed to back up or detail your sample with original parts, or do we need to use a different sample?
Pages: 1 2