Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Copypasta Letters for use in Sequences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are you tired of writing every single Letter yourself when drawing Text in a OnlineSequencer Sequence,
e.g. in order to Credit the Original Source of a Song you made into a Sequence?
Then this is the right place to come for you!
By the Way, even if you don't need Copypasta Letters, I also have some Tips under the ,,Please Follow this Tips'' Section.
Open this Sequence and Start Copypasting!

---------------------------------------------------------------

But there are some Important Notes I must tell you before you advance (I have hidden the Link to my Copypasta Letters Sequence there, so you must read through to find it. Hahahaha ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ):

HOW TO USE THIS COPYPASTA (May not be needed if you used OnlineSequencer for a longer time):
You can Copy and Paste the Letters by selecting them with the Select Tool,
and then Pressing Ctrl and C (C stands for Copy) or using the Copy Tool for Copying.

After you copied the Letters, go to your own Sequence,
and then Press Ctrl and V (V is right next to C, at least on a QWERTY or QWERTZ Keyboard)
in order to paste the Letters to your Sequence (Ctrl and V, not the Paste Tool).

When you pasted the Letters, you'll find them right at the Beginning of your Sequence.
Scroll to the Beginning, but don't click in the Sequence, because you need to Drag the Selection in order to move the Pasted Letters to your Desired Location,
and this Selection disappears when you click anywhere in the Sequence, but on the Selection (If you accidentally de-selected, press Ctrl and Z to Undo).
Once you're ready with moving the Selection, you can click anywhere to Deselect the Letters.

When you're already at the Beginning of the Sequence when you pasted the Letters, it's likely you don't see them immidiately.
Then, don't try to Paste the Letters more times. If you do, you'll Paste the same Letter to the same Location so many Times, that it becomes an Ear Rape, and if it turns out that you run out of Undo's before you can remove the Letters with them, you'd have to Select and Delete the Letters, and that's no good if you already have Content at the same Location where you pasted the Letters.
You need to instead Scroll a little bit in order to make the Pasted Content visible.

PLEASE ALSO FOLLOW THIS TIPS:
  • Please make sure the Letters do not make your Sequence sound bad. You can do Things like:
    • changing the Instrument to the (Electric or Non-Electric) Drumkit
    • muting the Instrument you're using for the Letters
    • changing the Instrument of the Letters to one with a Limited Note Range (e.g. the Violin, Cello or Bass) and placing them outside of the Instrument's Note Range)

• When the Letters you want to Paste already exist in your Sequence, please Copypaste them from there instead of [url=]my Copypasta Letters Sequence[/url], because it's slower to Copypaste from another Sequence then to Copypaste from the same Sequence
https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2672
I made this on May 21st, 2018, well before you did this, but maybe I should try and reformat my program to work with this font. This looks much better than my ugly 3x5 set.
(07-28-2018, 02:01 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2672
I made this on May 21st, 2018, well before you did this, but maybe I should try and reformat my program to work with this font. This looks much better than my ugly 3x5 set.

Code:
Note.prototype.toString = function(startTime) {
   return (startTime ? this.time - startTime : this.time) + " " + this.type + " " + this.length + " " + this.instrument;
}

function getNotes(startX, stopX) {
   selectedNotes = song.notes.filter(note => note.time >= startX && note.time < stopX && note.instrument == 0);
   selectedNotes.map(note => note.time -= startX)
   copy();
   return clipboard.join(';')
}

var chars = "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz()!?/=_#-.,'";
var charToNotes = {};
var charLength = {};
var guides = song.notes.filter(note => note.instrument == 8).map(note => note.time).sort((a, b) => a - b);
for (var i = 0; i < guides.length - 1; i++) {
   charToNotes[chars[i]] = getNotes(guides[i], guides[i + 1]);
   charLength[chars[i]] = guides[i + 1] - guides[i]
}

loadData('999:');
var text = localStorage.bee.slice(0, 500)
var time = 0
text.split('').map(function(char) {
   if (charLength[char]) {
       song.appendData(charToNotes[char], -time);
       time += charLength[char]
   } else {
       time += 5
   }
})
SequencerView.repaint()