Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 3/4 Time Signature
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It annoys me how 4/4 is the only available time signature to sequence with. It makes 3/4-sequencing more tedious and I can't imagine adding the option to change between 4/4 and 3/4 would be that difficult? 

Adding 3/4 would in my opinion allow for more variety in sequences, maybe also add 3/4 as a search filter so you can search for 3/4 sequences exclusively?

-Ullemann123
Press F12 to open developer tools. Press the "Console" tab and paste this code in:

var opt = document.createElement("option");
opt.value = parseFloat(3/4);
opt.text = "1/"+String(opt.value*4);
document.getElementById('grid_select').add(opt)

Then, in the bottom left, click where it says "1/4" in a dropdown list and select "1/3" at the bottom.

(I totally didn't use Frank's code: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2667)
(09-13-2018, 02:23 AM)Tests Wrote: [ -> ]Press F12 to open developer tools.  Press the "Console" tab and paste this code in:

Then, in the bottom left, click where it says  "1/4" in a dropdown list and select "1/3" at the bottom.

(I totally didn't use Frank's code: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2667)

That's cool, thanks. But I still think it should be part of the interface and not some code you have to add yourself
lol but thanks anyway
(09-13-2018, 02:43 AM)Ullemann123 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-13-2018, 02:23 AM)Tests Wrote: [ -> ]Press F12 to open developer tools.  Press the "Console" tab and paste this code in:

Then, in the bottom left, click where it says  "1/4" in a dropdown list and select "1/3" at the bottom.

That's cool, thanks. But I still think it should be part of the interface and not some code you have to add yourself

As the creator of the code, I totally agree. Custom grids are already built in, they are just unused for no reason.
Frank, you should add smaller values for triplets
(09-14-2018, 04:44 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]Frank, you should add smaller values for triplets

1/2 triplets

1/4 triplets:
opt.value = parseFloat(6/4);
some presets

Code:
var note_lengths = [64, 32, 16, 8, 4, 2, 1, 0.5, 0.25];
var note_symbols = ["16", "8", "4", "2", "1", "1/2", "1/4", "1/8", "1/16"];
var tuplets = [3, 5, 7, 11];
var tuplet_names = ["triplet", "quintuplet", "septuplet", "undecatuplet"];
while (grid_select.firstChild) {
   grid_select.removeChild(grid_select.firstChild);
}
for (var i = 0; i < note_lengths.length; i++) {
   var nl = note_lengths[i];
   var ns = note_symbols[i];
   var opt = document.createElement("option"); opt.value = 1/nl; opt.text = ns;  grid_select.add(opt);
   for (var j = 0; j < tuplets.length; j++) {
    var t = tuplets[j];
    var tn = tuplet_names[j];
    var opt1 = document.createElement("option"); opt1.value = t/(nl*2); opt1.text = ns + "(" + tn + ")";  grid_select.add(opt1);
   }
}