Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Limited Event: A Million Sequences of Making Music Online.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[Image: 1m.png]

[Image: avatar_1632.png?dateline=1537691382] Online Sequencer has been running since January 2013, amassing 24,000+ users and almost 1,000,000 sequences!

I have requested Jacob to reserve this number for me for this special community event that I will describe below.

General Information

For those of you who are familiar with the [url=]Super Collab[/url], this event will basically be a more organized version of that. For those of you with a very ancient user number, now is your chance to brag to everyone about that.

Take your best sequences from a certain age in OS and remix them! These sequences will be partially featured in the millionth sequence as a medley type collaboration.

You can enter as many times as you want, in the end, I will be the one collecting entries and all that good stuff involving cutting and pasting.

Once you are done remixing, please comment below with the link of your original sequence and your remixed sequence.

Please keep in mind:

• Sequences of known users will have a better chance of qualifying for the medley.

• If I don't know you, it's probably a sign that you haven't been on here long enough.

• Recommended remix length is 8-16 measures. You can send more if you want to, but I will be taking the most usable part.
  • Source sequences MUST be original when you remix them. I don’t want your AU of Megalovania.
  • The standard Online Sequencer Rules will apply and any entries violating a rule will automatically be disqualified.

A little vocabulary for those unfamiliar with chat terms. These describe the age of a sequence.

“100k” refers to sequences that are between [url=][/url] and [url=][/url].

“<100k” refers to sequences that are earlier than the 100,000th sequence.

I think you can guess what the rest of them mean.

The original sequence you are remixing will fall into these ages. Try to use your earliest sequences, as I know later sequence numbers will have more momentum.

This event may sound a little confusing, so if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to clear things up.

||Reserved Space||

Original                 ---                 Remixed

Original                 ---                 Remixed
What about past collaborations? Or past remixes.
I can't resist the temptation to point out I have

and
Both are kind of low quality, so I might remix them anyway, but you said you wanted OLD songs, not new ones.
Do I count as an old member? I am a pre-10k user number but a post-9k as well... Probably not, therefore Idk if I should bother, though I have been proactive in being a bother Smile
(09-30-2018, 09:15 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]I can't resist the temptation to point out I have

and
Both are kind of low quality, so I might remix them anyway, but you said you wanted OLD songs, not new ones.
Do I count as an old member? I am a pre-10k user number but a post-9k as well... Probably not, therefore Idk if I should bother, though I have been proactive in being a bother Smile

You are not forbidden from making newer sequences, it's just that I like to attempt getting older ones from people who have been on the site for a while. It's harder to find people with older sequences than it is to find people with newer sequences. Especially with people who have a <100k lying in their background and they do something like a 700k for example.

It also provides a better challenge to remix(?) as often your style changes dramatically in that sort of lifetime on OS. What's the point in remixing something that's already too similar to your style? :^(

It depends who you're asking here. My definition of "old member" applies to anyone who joined the site way before the massive growth spurt in January 2017. You're more in the younger middle-age kind of members, although I would safely assume some people may find you more old than I think you are.

Have fun with the contest though, don't let these numbers decide what you want to do. Smile
(09-30-2018, 05:37 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]What about past collaborations? Or past remixes.
  • Source sequences MUST be original when you remix them. I don’t want your AU of *****.
Past collaborations are fine as long as they are original. I wouldn't allow past remixes, since what you put in this contest should say something about you.
Ok! I have my first entry finished.

Sniper Assassin (200k)
----->
(The original used the old guitar, so to hear it just right, you'd need to use Offline Sequencer).
Here's the section I want in the sequence collab. I know it's ~9 measures, not 8, but it has a transition in and out of it.

In case that doesn't work, I'll adjust and condense it here.
Condensed Version
Condensed and Adjusted Version

Adventure Song (200k)
----->
I'll condense it and stuff later, I am helping to make the 1M sequence with Lucent after all.

Space Battle (600k)
----->

I'd also like to add my candy to the 1M sequence collab. (lol keeping this here for sentimentality)
Reserved. Will edit later

Y'all already know what's gonna be going in here
>Inb4 Glorion Remake
Original
Remix

I hope this is valid.

I also don't have any clue how something like this can be added in to anything and not sound out of place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9