Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Limited Event: Candy Scavenger Hunt!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
[Image: candy.png]

[Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1534443788] Hello and welcome to the Halloween Candy Scavenger Hunt! I hope you’re all ready to get your thinking caps on! This event will last only from 5:00 PM ~ 12:00 PM EST!

How To Play
  • Clues will tell you where to find the candies and they can range in difficulty from “EZPZ” to “heccin obscure.”

• After you find a candy, post the link of where the candy is, the location of the candy on the page, and say which clue it goes to.
  • Nobody but the first person who posts the link will get a point for finding the candy related to that clue.
  • During Halloween is the time frame that you will have to find the candies because afterwards the extra candies will be revealed.
  • You should always be on the lookout for extra little “secret candies” that require you to be very observant. If you find one, you don't need to provide the clue it goes to!
  • I’ll try and mark off clues that have been found as quickly as possible so others know that that candy already been discovered.
  • Lastly, committee members can’t play (sorry!) as they can access the answer sheet and frank, no bull*****ting around with code to find the candies easier (this applies to anyone else as well).

Candy Advice
Points will be distributed according to their difficulty. There are four types of clues.

EZPZ candies are worth ½ a candy each, Not Too Bad candies are worth 1 candy each, Harder candies are worth 2 candies each, while the Heccin' Obscure and Secret candies are worth 3 candies each.

It’s best to go for the easier candies first, as some of the more difficult candies might require things that the normal candies found. I’d also like to point out that the EZPZ candies are to show how the clues might talk about the locations they describe. Look for any relations between the EZPZ clues and their respective candies! It’ll help on the harder ones.

EZPZ Clues:
While Kirbyderp can't listen to this all day anymore, you should still stop by there for a nice surprise! (~ ¯▼¯)~

• Is the OS menu not aligned correctly while on the forums? To fix this bug, you'll have to repair your browser cache.

Not Too Bad Clues:
• Once a useful forum tool, the link was lost as time is cruel. Good at finding certain pages, many specific customizations. Rediscovered and showcased, you must find where this is placed.

A place to hide when chat's spammed by a dimwit, or just a place where you can be private. Discovered by an OS code delver and made a part of OS shortly after. Click his link once you find his thread, or someone else will get it instead.

In the most recent forum to date and in a thread where we celebrate: "The big 7 digits," as some might say, a sequence made by everyone here today.

• Another hidden place to speak. But which one is it? It's what you seek. Yes, what you seek but from letters to numbers, find it or this, someone else will surely conquer.

Harder Clues:
A few months ago, at the end of the school year, a user did an experiment on here. The results somehow unpinned but now reinstated, it seems a sweet treat had got lost in the *data.* 

A user on here made an event, but alas, success for it was never meant. The first try di ed and the second never flied. But the latter might hold a little present.

• The first contest this user had done, which they had undoubtedly won. But putting the pieces together reveals why the user's victory was a steal: for their contest entry was the only one.

• This fun forum game grew quite a spectacle, but a recent censorship made it less practical. But where is this candy that you might seek? It's in a place where the reason is luspeak. But now that the word is uncensored again, it's popularity might be re-attained.

Heccin' Obscure Clues:
• If you find this, it must be fate, as a *glorious* treasure awaits. The profile of the bird and negative place to exchange words. It's the older version you must investigate.

A compilation says you? That's a great big thing to do. But with months of time put it it's only 3/10 the way to completion. Well it's archived until it goes through.

• A special birthday is tonight, for an influential member that goes on the site. But where would you go to see such a thing? Lost so long ago not most didn't know it was existing. "There must be a pathway to it somewhere," you might say but not finding it makes you unable to plan for upcoming days. 

• Looks like binary but when it is transferring the devices only like seeing text programming. How was this solved? It was encoded more. I can't remember the name but it had to do with 64.

Winning Information

Prizes will be given out to two contenders that collect the most candy!

First place gets 2 leaderboard points and a trophy pixel art from Kirby.

Second place gets 1 leaderboard point.

If in the case of a tie, the person who found more of the more difficult candies wins the first place prize.

Good luck everyone and Happy Halloween!

EZPZ clues
(10-31-2018, 01:25 PM)MusicInJune Wrote: [ -> ] EZPZ clues

NOPE! Sorry, we originally had that as a clue, but lucent shared it before the contest so we had to remove it.
In other words read the clues and say specifically which clue the candy goes with.

EZPZ clues
KirbyDerp's I could listen to it all day
CANDY on measure 31-32
Ain't nobody got time for dat
(10-31-2018, 01:40 PM)MusicInJune Wrote: [ -> ]
EZPZ clues
KirbyDerp's  I could listen to it all day
CANDY on measure 31-32

Nice Job! You now have half a candy.
https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2934

The 1 000 000th sequence event thread
Post 7 by Kirby
Not too bad clues
I'll condense it and stuff later, I am helping to make the 1M sequence with Lucent after all.

I'd also like to add my CANDY to the 1M sequence collab.
(10-31-2018, 01:50 PM)MusicInJune Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2934

The 1 000 000th sequence event thread
Post 7 by Kirby
Not too bad clues
I'll condense it and stuff later, I am helping to make the 1M sequence with Lucent after all.

I'd also like to add my CANDY to the 1M sequence collab.

Nice Job, you're on a roll! You now have 1.5 candies.
https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2937
Battle of The Bands (damn sorry that that happened alex)
3rd post
" A user on here made an event, but alas, success for it was never meant. The first try died and the second never flied. But the latter might hold a little present."
(10-31-2018, 02:01 PM)XStep Wrote: [ -> ]https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=2937
Battle of The Bands (damn sorry that that happened alex)
3rd post
" A user on here made an event, but alas, success for it was never meant. The first try d*ed and the second never flied. But the latter might hold a little present."

Congratulations! You now have 2 candies!
Pages: 1 2 3