Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: dc fix the goddamn flute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
you heard me
flute fix the goddamn dc
(11-11-2018, 11:30 PM)honestly i cant be here just Wrote: [ -> ]you heard me

Wait what how is flute broken?
don't take seriously it's actually an inside joke
but wait seriously that clicking sound though every time you play a note that is smaller than about 1/4th of a measure!?!?
T h e f l u t e i s i n n e e d o f t u n a g e
(11-12-2018, 10:35 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]but wait seriously that clicking sound though every time you play a note that is smaller than about 1/4th of a measure!?!?

That's just the sound being cut off abruptly
i'm gonna put the jokes aside and clear a few things up:
when i added flute, my intention was to have it work like smooth synth, where playing consecutive notes would make an effect similar to having the note actually be sustained... well, now, the notes are actually "sustained." I have that in quotes because it's just playing the sample then immediately stopping the sample being played once it reaches the end of the note.

in general MIDI, sustained notes work instead by a system of playing the sample from the "note on" message, then, in most cases, calculating some kind of fade-out time (or a rate for which to lower the volume) once it receives the "note off" message at the end of the note. this makes it so that the note doesn't immediately cut off and give you that "clicking" sound, which is basically the result of the audio driver being made from thousands of cut corners.

right now there's no immediate solution except to revert back to how it always was, or to have ridiculously long flute samples so that there wouldn't be a need to use multiple notes for sustain effect.