Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Odd Time Signatures
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
4/4 is too "normal" for me - is it possible to switch to 5/4, 9/8 and so on?
There isn't a button that switches the time signature, but you can just do it yourself with note placement.
You can go into your browser console (look it up) and type "grid=9/8" for 9/8 time, for example. I wish that there was a GUI for this, but there is no way besides the browser console. It actually saves correctly though, so feel free to use it.
Hey, sorry for necroposting, but any chance we might see this feature at some point? Would love to have odd time signatures, additional subdivisions, and also the option to change time signature mid song. I play in a prog band and this feature set would come in really handy for us, especially while song-writing.
You can already change the time signature to anything with a /4 denominator. If the time sig you want isn't in the menu, you can use the setTimeSig function in the JS console (eg setTimeSig(7) for 7/4).

We're not going to implement other denominators any time soon, because they would be tricky to implement and they're unnecessary (eg for 6/8 you can just do 3/4, and for 5/8 you can do 5/4 at double tempo).

Changing time signature mid-song is not going to happen soon either, because it would be difficult and it's a very niche feature. The complexity to utility ratio for this feature is terrible. Nothing stopping you from just ignoring the measure lines and writing in the new time sig anyway.
There is a dropdown menu on the bottom left of the editor called 'time signature'. This allows you to change between 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, and 5/4. For more complicated time sigs, use the command console and use setTimeSig(), placing your preferred sig in the paranthesis. For example, if you wanted 7/4, you would enter setTimeSig(7) into the console.
(10-12-2021, 11:14 AM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]You can already change the time signature to anything with a /4 denominator. If the time sig you want isn't in the menu, you can use the setTimeSig function in the JS console (eg setTimeSig(7) for 7/4).

We're not going to implement other denominators any time soon, because they would be tricky to implement and they're unnecessary (eg for 6/8 you can just do 3/4, and for 5/8 you can do 5/4 at double tempo).

Changing time signature mid-song is not going to happen soon either, because it would be difficult and it's a very niche feature. The complexity to utility ratio for this feature is terrible. Nothing stopping you from just ignoring the measure lines and writing in the new time sig anyway.

Fair point. Thanks :-)
(10-24-2021, 12:04 AM)cedricdebono Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2021, 11:14 AM)Liam Wrote: [ -> ]You can already change the time signature to anything with a /4 denominator. If the time sig you want isn't in the menu, you can use the setTimeSig function in the JS console (eg setTimeSig(7) for 7/4).

Is there a way to use the JS console to change time signature mid-song or even change denominator? I'm happy to do it manually if it's possible :-)
(10-24-2021, 12:08 AM)cedricdebono Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2021, 12:04 AM)cedricdebono Wrote: [ -> ]

Is there a way to use the JS console to change time signature mid-song or even change denominator? I'm happy to do it manually if it's possible :-)
What platform are you on? Just press f12 or right click anywhere to open up inspect, then click on "Console" it only works on chromium based browsers tough