Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: [11/30] Stuffing Turkeys and Apple Pie.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_1632.png?dateline=1537691382] Hello everyone, I hope you guys had some good food last Thursday.

If not, well, I don’t know, go to Walmart and buy some salt and vinegar chips already. Get me an Arizona green tea while you’re at it.

Anywho, the month is coming to a close, therefore now is a good time to release another blog update that I totally didn’t write last minute!

First off, I’d like to apologize for being unproductive this month. You guys might not realize what’s happening behind the scenes, so this is mostly towards the people who work in this volunteer effort to get the events out there.

By people, I mean Kirby, because literally we’re the only two ever working on the events.

He’s been responsible for writing the Monthly Contest, updating the voting spreadsheet, and trying to kick my behind out of bed just to get work done. So if anyone reads these at all, be sure to say thanks to him because he probably deserves all the credit this time around.

On the topic of Monthly Contests, there’s just a slight decline in forum activity. November was kind of a boring month though, so we’re starting off December with a new and improved Monthly Contest system.

What does this system improve, you ask? Well, there should be more opportunities for everyone to earn OS points from a Monthly Contest. Just wait until tomorrow since I’m too lazy to explain in full detail.

Moving onto Battle of the Bands, there’s really not much to say about it.

(10-31-2018, 09:38 AM)LucentTear Wrote: [ -> ]If no bands are made this month, I have to close down the event in December and come up with something else. This leaves with Monthly Contests being the only recurring competitive event, and competition is what drives the Event Point System.

I’m just gonna close it like I promised, but I’m really not sure about adding another event to take its’ place aside from more Limited Events. I feel the Monthly Contests do justice for now, we’re struggling enough to just write all of this info down anyways.

Maybe we should just work on all of the drafts for next year’s contests in advance so we don’t have to worry about it so much. We do have some of the themes decided, but that I cannot release just yet.

There will be a new Limited Event that will be released at the beginning of next month. I’m still writing the document at the moment, but I promise it’ll be something fun, interesting, and a slice of awkward to do.

Just bear with me because I really want to play around with these events a little. And if it’s something that people enjoy, I might bring it back for next year and what not.

Lately I've been talking to Jacob about adding the Achievement system on your forum profile for reaching some random feats on this site as well as awarding badges for the OS Beta Events. It'll take him a while to implement but I made sure if he can get it in sometime during the month.

There are some technical limitations for automatically updating a profile to earn an achievement, and this includes the same limitation that doesn't update the Members page as it should. Though it is possible to have the database update every night, it'll probably cause a bunch of server errors and no one wants to go 10 minutes without being able to save a sequence throughout the day.

Anyway, that was today’s update for events. I’m getting a little tired writing these haha.