Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Tuplets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I divide the grid into different tuplets? The layout is kind of confusing. I know how to do triplets like grid=3/4 but how do I go beyond this?
i dunno but ask dcsm or Lucent
Right click on the grid selector, go to inspect, expand <select id="grid_select">...</select> and change one of the values. A formula that can be used for getting the value for a specific type of tuplet is [division of one beat]/4 . For example: A quintuplet is a fifth of one beat, thus for setting the grid to quintuplets you replace one of the values with 1.25 (which is equal to 5/4).
(12-19-2018, 05:49 AM)Muhngkee Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the grid selector, go to inspect, expand <select id="grid_select">...</select> and change one of the values. A formula that can be used for getting the value for a specific type of tuplet is [division of one beat]/4 . For example: A quintuplet is a fifth of one beat, thus for setting the grid to quintuplets you replace one of the values with 1.25 (which is equal to 5/4).

I dont really understand sorry. Can you give screenshots?
(12-19-2018, 02:59 PM)CELTICBARBARIAN Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2018, 05:49 AM)Muhngkee Wrote: [ -> ]Right click on the grid selector, go to inspect, expand <select id="grid_select">...</select> and change one of the values. A formula that can be used for getting the value for a specific type of tuplet is [division of one beat]/4 . For example: A quintuplet is a fifth of one beat, thus for setting the grid to quintuplets you replace one of the values with 1.25 (which is equal to 5/4).

#/4 = number of notes per 4 squares on OS.

OH WAIT I SEE WHAT YOU MEAN
(12-19-2018, 03:01 PM)CELTICBARBARIAN Wrote: [ -> ]

Super old thread so I am going to update it with a new solution
First, you can access the console (Ctrl+Shift+I or from More Settings on Chrome) 
Now, you have to do some critical thinking. Lets say you have an x-tuple in the time of y. 
In that case, you would type stretchNotes(y/x).
For example, a 3-tuple in the time of two beats is stretchNotes(2/3).
Keep in mind, you have to highlight the notes you want to stretch. Here is a screenshot.
[Image: T7dxKzAcxaDu73meAc1f5mEYf-aOBq9_c1ZQqCQo...authuser=0]
The reason this works is because you are dividing two beats into three sections, so you are scaling three beats into two beats.
3 * 2/3 = 2, which is the math behind it.
(04-19-2022, 04:40 PM)BeautifulBaguette Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-19-2018, 03:01 PM)CELTICBARBARIAN Wrote: [ -> ]

Super old thread so I am going to update it with a new solution
First, you can access the console (Ctrl+Shift+I or from More Settings on Chrome) 
Now, you have to do some critical thinking. Lets say you have an x-tuple in the time of y. 
In that case, you would type stretchNotes(y/x).
For example, a 3-tuple in the time of two beats is stretchNotes(2/3).
Keep in mind, you have to highlight the notes you want to stretch. Here is a screenshot.
[Image: T7dxKzAcxaDu73meAc1f5mEYf-aOBq9_c1ZQqCQo...authuser=0]
The reason this works is because you are dividing two beats into three sections, so you are scaling three beats into two beats.
3 * 2/3 = 2, which is the math behind it.

For grid changing, just put grid= and then the time signature you want. like grid=3/4 or grid=6/8