Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: [1/1] Starting The Year On The Wrong Side Of The Bed.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_1632.png?dateline=1537691382] Hello everyone, I hope you all had fun over the holidays, I know I didn't.

Holidays aren't great. Vacation time is, but people pulling me around to every single holiday party can be a real headache.

In fact all of December was just stressful, though, finals week actually wasn't that bad. Since I'm a person who still lives under my parents' house, they're still pushy and angry and do whatever finals week parents do. I won't get into any detail since I think all of you know where this is going.

All I wanted to do was just stay home and play video games. That explains why I haven't been on the site for the past week, and it also kinda affected my mentality on how the events were going.

With that being said, we started December doing great things. We had a nice beefy Monthly Contest going on, a Christmas gift giving event, and finished one million sequences right before the year was due.

We could have finished December on a strong note, but then my brain just sort of decided to jump ship and neglect all my responsibilities as the main event admin. Fun.

Now I know this year that I shouldn't burden myself with a bunch of tasks during December and start making everything easier to do. By this I should probably work on everything regarding OS Events for the whole year starting this January.

But for right now, I'll just list out the things that were supposed to be finished in December but never got to due to me being a lazy bum. I hope you guys are glad that you aren't the ones preparing for these events.

OS Present Wrapping!
-Forgot to keep track of presents because hardly anyone was sending me things.

-Didn't announce presents on Christmas.

-Will probably never distribute 2018 points at this point.

-Might compensate participants with... 1 OS point this year? I'll ask Kirby.

A Million Sequences of Making Music Online.
-New submissions won't be accepted at this point, but we're waiting on one really important one. The person of this sequence is really busy with college though.

-Songs have been sorted out but we're still trying to put them in a good order. So far we literally only have 3 songs that are in order.

-We'll get it done... soon.

Grand Leaderboard
-I didn't vote on the entries for the December contest until last minute, then I cold-shouldered Kirby so he'd be convinced to let me vote. If you're reading this Kirby I'm not actually doing it on purpose, I just freaked out on it.

-The final 2018 leaderboard hasn't been uploaded yet and I'll probably ask Kirby for the final scores again so I can do it ASAP.

Event Consistency
-This post is one day late.

-Didn't update new events on the Current Events hub.

-Didn't update the "Winners Announced!" on the December contest until now.

-Didn't create banner for the January 2019 Monthly Contest.

-Didn't remove the "NEW!" from the Events banner on the top of the forums.

-Didn't update any documents in our Events Committee Discord so now my OCD is really hitting me.

-Had to edit the January contest thread for small details.

Prize Distribution
-The "Digital Trophy" drawing that I was supposed to start on... was never started on. Whoever the grand winner is, please come and talk to me because there's a certain way I wanted to do it and it'll need your input.

-The OS Achievements haven't arrived as a function yet, but the badges for the events are complete. I'll need to ask Jacob whenever I'm feeling in the mood to ask.

-Here's my undying gratitude to all the participants of the 2018 Beta Events. I hope you guys enjoyed these events as much as we enjoyed making them.

Now that's all listed out, there should be no excuse for me not doing these. My goal for these events was to make each one of them flexible to whatever you guys want to do, as well as some experimentation from our department.

Like the cherry on top, I also wanted to present these events as nice as possible. Little things like the banners or formatting of the posts can change a lot about how one views these threads. A little professionalism goes a long way.

I'd like to think of this blog as a sort of reflection because last month in particular really made me think over the events. So if anything, I'd like to fix my faults from there and make it a New Year's resolution to do better for 2019.

Once again I'd like to thank you guys for staying on the sequencer, and I hope you guys make some good resolutions too.

(01-01-2019, 08:14 PM)Online Sequencer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: avatar_1632.png?dateline=1537691382] 
A Million Sequences of Making Music Online.
-New submissions won't be accepted at this point, but we're waiting on one really important one. The person of this sequence is really busy with college though.

Woah wait i don't agree to this. There are still a couple of ranges with no entries at all.

(01-01-2019, 08:14 PM)Online Sequencer Wrote: [ -> ][Image: avatar_1632.png?dateline=1537691382]
Grand Leaderboard
-The final 2018 leaderboard hasn't been uploaded yet and I'll probably ask Kirby for the final scores again so I can do it ASAP.

Don't worry XStep helped me out on this one. So we did get the grand winner announced yesterday (huge thanks to XStep on that one).