Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2019 February Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1534443788] Hello Online Sequencer! It’s time to announce the February Monthly Contest! We have a very special 2 themes for this month!

Sorry that this got deleted, none of us have any idea on how this happened. We've decided to push the deadline back 2 days because of this, so you'll now have until the 24th to submit entries.

There is a couple rule changes that we have to make. This time you cannot place in both themes. However, you are allowed to enter in both categories still to maximize the chance of getting points from at least one theme. If you were to place in both themes, you would get leaderboard points for whichever theme you placed higher on. Secondly, you can only enter one sequence into each theme.

We sadly don’t have any example sequences. My bad, I completely spaced it on preparing for this month. However, it shouldn’t matter because of what the themes are this month.

The first theme is to remix a song that another user has made! Preferably this song would be an original song or a partially original song made by that user.

The second theme is to make a song in the style of another user! I’m really excited to see what you guys come up with in this one!

As always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask!

Good luck, and may the creativity flow through you!

oki, so its back up now... here are my entries:
Remix:
Original transferred to OS:
Original soundtrack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vs28-9nmU
Original game: https://www.kongregate.com/games/lesingevolant/faint
Imitation:
Imitating Crimson and Guest.
What if you don't know if the song is a cover, and you remix it, (like I just did)?
Also, do pixel art sequences count?
My Submission:

(My Remix Itself:)

The sequence it is based off of:
- "Ice" by LucentTear
Remixes ok... - but style? I've been trying to imitate Lucent, Guest, Eric and many others and I cannot find the songs in time now.
Maybe later today before it's too late. Always in the last minute. If the deadline wasn't extended 2 days I would have missed this one Heh

A remix of EtherBot's - Somebody wanna do something
??
[url=][/url]
may i remix a remix?
[Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1534443788] Hello Online Sequencer!

So, this is where I'd normally announce the winners of this month's contest, but we did not get enough entries to declare a winner....

I do understand that this month certainly had a much trickier theme in it (at least for trying to replicate another user's style), and I guess maybe most people don't like to make remixes?

Anyway, don't worry, next month's theme is much more akin to the beta monthly contest themes. However, if we still don't get enough participation...... well I'll talk to Lucent about it.

I forgot to enter mine