Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Let note stacking influence 8-bit instruments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So there's this thing you've probably heard of called note stacking. It's where you place several layers of a note for a particular instrument over each other in the exact same place. This results in the note becoming louder, as you probably already guessed. This trick normally works for most instruments. But right now, 8-bit instruments are not one of them.
When several notes of an 8-bit instrument are stacked on to each other, they don't become any louder. They sound exactly the same as if there was no note stacking. I don't know if this is due to a bug, or if this is intentionally made that way for some reason, or if it's just very difficult, if not impossible, to make this work because of how it fundamentally works, or whatever. Maybe there's some answer to why this is a thing, maybe not, I dunno. Hopefully this will be updated so that 8-bit note stacking works.

Anyway, that's enough from me. Have any of you noticed this or known about it?
every time i try to stack 8-bits, once they play, they don't ever stop, and it can ruin a song
no reason to stack em tho
you can also stack pop synth and synth bass (hidden instruments)
(02-21-2019, 06:02 PM)Guest Wrote: [ -> ]no reason to stack em tho

What about when you want to make it louder?
(02-25-2019, 08:16 AM)DMA_Revenant Wrote: [ -> ]What about when you want to make it louder?

There are volume bars, you know-
(02-25-2019, 08:16 AM)DMA_Revenant Wrote: [ -> ]

audioSystem.setInstrumentVolume(ID, volume)

replace ID with the instrument ID (13 for sine, 14 for square, 15 for sawtooth and 16 for triangle) and volume with the volume you want (2 is the normal maximum i think)

then enter the code into the console (F12)
(02-25-2019, 11:21 AM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]

replace ID with the instrument ID (13 for sine, 14 for square, 15 for sawtooth and 16 for triangle) and volume with the volume you want (2 is the normal maximum i think)

Um, you don't need to use console to edit the volume of the 8-bit instruments.
I think I did something with the sine in a part of this that crecendoes it
(02-25-2019, 12:10 PM)Kirbyderp Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2019, 11:21 AM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]

Um, you don't need to use console to edit the volume of the 8-bit instruments.

lol i know about the mixer tab, this lets you go over the normal maximum volume
Pages: 1 2