Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Selected Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, here's some stuff I've made. Well, things that I've bookmarked, anyway.

[url=]Kakriko Village Theme [/url]

[url=]Mysterious Sneaking[/url] (This is an old one.)

[url=]Kind Town[/url] (One of my favorites.)

[url=]Homies Help Homies[/url] (If this sounds familiar, it's probably because you've played the 4th Gen. Pokémon Games.)

[url=]Rousing Request for Morning Tests[/url] (This started out as the Kakariko Village them. Then it turned into this.)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I'll add more when I make more.

Here's some more.

[url=]The Master[/url]

[url=]Cirque du Goldberg[/url] (Oooh, here's an old one! It was my first creation here.)

[url=]With All That Mischievous Swagger[/url] (Meh. It sounds better on Synthesia.)

[url=]Wondering Planet[/url] (Again better on Synthesia. Even then, not that great.)

[url=]Christmas Snowfall[/url] (Made this a little before Halloween for some reason. One of the best things I could pull.)

[url=]Clink Clack Swing[/url] (I feel like swaying when I hear it, hence the "swing." Plus the woodblock is the "clink clack." Haha.)

[url=]Ready, Set, Crow[/url] (Sounds cool. I guess. :D)

[url=]Vestal Tune[/url] (It's something I made for a story of mine. A guy whistles the first three notes to summon his crow, Vesta, to him. Hence "Vestal Tune.")
I don't know why I keep updating. I don't think anyone even read it. And yes, this is a shameless bump. Shut up, you're not even reading this because you're interested, you're reading this because it was there…

I hope there are no rules against double posting…
Ayy here's my 2 cents

The problem with some of your songs is that they do not adhere to a key. I'll try to explain this simply:

The key of C major contains seven notes—C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. These notes sound nice together, so if you're making a song in the key of C major, you'd only use those notes in the song. If you happen to use a note that is not in that key, it sounds weird; and I think as long as if you're not tone deaf, you'll be able to hear the 'weirdness.' These 'weird notes' are called accidentals.

I made a sequence to demonstrate this. Gee, I wonder what the wrong note is?

[url=]This song (your song)[/url] seems to use accidentals very liberally. Although it could be a stylistic thing, I think it would sound better if you stuck to a key. The most appropriate key to use in that particular song seems to be A minor, I guess???

also disclaimer I am not a master of music theory so feel free to take this post with a grain of salt Cool
(11-06-2014, 10:50 PM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ]Ayy here's my 2 cents

The problem with some of your songs is that they do not adhere to a key. I'll try to explain this simply:

The key of C major contains seven notes—C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. These notes sound nice together, so if you're making a song in the key of C major, you'd only use those notes in the song. If you happen to use a note that is not in that key, it sounds weird; and I think as long as if you're not tone deaf, you'll be able to hear the 'weirdness.' These 'weird notes' are called accidentals.

I made a sequence to demonstrate this. Gee, I wonder what the wrong note is?

[url=]This song (your song)[/url] seems to use accidentals very liberally. Although it could be a stylistic thing, I think it would sound better if you stuck to a key. The most appropriate key to use in that particular song seems to be A minor, I guess???

also disclaimer I am not a master of music theory so feel free to take this post with a grain of salt Cool

I know about keys and such, and I'm not tone deaf. I'm not that good at making music anyway, though, hehe. Blush With that song, I did leave those off-key notes there on purpose. It's supposed to be a "bad guy" song so I kind of just left them in there to add to the bad-guyish-ness. Aaaand that's not a word. :s

And I don't think anyone is a Master of Music Theory, but I like constructive criticism. :D
This is a bump as well as some new works.

[url=]Bedlam Dreams[/url] I swear, it sounds happy, but with a darker undertone. But that's just how I feel about it.

[url=]TOME Opening Theme[/url] The opening theme to the web series TOME by Chris Niosi. Here's episode one if you wanna hear it. And maybe watch it. I did a sucky job at recreating it, but hey.

[url=]Battle for Magic[/url] Gradually gets worse, then turns into a little bit of a happy sputtering, then back to being bad. That's just how fights happen, y'know?
Heeeeeey.

I have new stuff.

[url=]Watch and Wait[/url]