Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Selected Works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, here's some stuff I've made. Well, things that I've bookmarked, anyway.

Kakriko Village Theme

Mysterious Sneaking (This is an old one.)

Kind Town (One of my favorites.)

Homies Help Homies (If this sounds familiar, it's probably because you've played the 4th Gen. Pokémon Games.)

Rousing Request for Morning Tests (This started out as the Kakariko Village them. Then it turned into this.)

Well, that's all I have for you today. I'll add more when I make more.

Here's some more.

The Master

Cirque du Goldberg (Oooh, here's an old one! It was my first creation here.)

With All That Mischievous Swagger (Meh. It sounds better on Synthesia.)

Wondering Planet (Again better on Synthesia. Even then, not that great.)

Christmas Snowfall (Made this a little before Halloween for some reason. One of the best things I could pull.)

Clink Clack Swing (I feel like swaying when I hear it, hence the "swing." Plus the woodblock is the "clink clack." Haha.)

Ready, Set, Crow (Sounds cool. I guess. :D)

Vestal Tune (It's something I made for a story of mine. A guy whistles the first three notes to summon his crow, Vesta, to him. Hence "Vestal Tune.")
I don't know why I keep updating. I don't think anyone even read it. And yes, this is a shameless bump. Shut up, you're not even reading this because you're interested, you're reading this because it was there…

I hope there are no rules against double posting…
Ayy here's my 2 cents

The problem with some of your songs is that they do not adhere to a key. I'll try to explain this simply:

The key of C major contains seven notes—C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. These notes sound nice together, so if you're making a song in the key of C major, you'd only use those notes in the song. If you happen to use a note that is not in that key, it sounds weird; and I think as long as if you're not tone deaf, you'll be able to hear the 'weirdness.' These 'weird notes' are called accidentals.

I made a sequence to demonstrate this. Gee, I wonder what the wrong note is? http://onlinesequencer.net/44367

This song (your song) seems to use accidentals very liberally. Although it could be a stylistic thing, I think it would sound better if you stuck to a key. The most appropriate key to use in that particular song seems to be A minor, I guess???

also disclaimer I am not a master of music theory so feel free to take this post with a grain of salt Cool
(11-07-2014, 01:50 AM)Lempillsk Wrote: [ -> ]Ayy here's my 2 cents

The problem with some of your songs is that they do not adhere to a key. I'll try to explain this simply:

The key of C major contains seven notes—C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. These notes sound nice together, so if you're making a song in the key of C major, you'd only use those notes in the song. If you happen to use a note that is not in that key, it sounds weird; and I think as long as if you're not tone deaf, you'll be able to hear the 'weirdness.' These 'weird notes' are called accidentals.

I made a sequence to demonstrate this. Gee, I wonder what the wrong note is? http://onlinesequencer.net/44367

This song (your song) seems to use accidentals very liberally. Although it could be a stylistic thing, I think it would sound better if you stuck to a key. The most appropriate key to use in that particular song seems to be A minor, I guess???

also disclaimer I am not a master of music theory so feel free to take this post with a grain of salt Cool

I know about keys and such, and I'm not tone deaf. I'm not that good at making music anyway, though, hehe. Blush With that song, I did leave those off-key notes there on purpose. It's supposed to be a "bad guy" song so I kind of just left them in there to add to the bad-guyish-ness. Aaaand that's not a word. :s

And I don't think anyone is a Master of Music Theory, but I like constructive criticism. :D
This is a bump as well as some new works.

Bedlam Dreams I swear, it sounds happy, but with a darker undertone. But that's just how I feel about it.

TOME Opening Theme The opening theme to the web series TOME by Chris Niosi. Here's episode one if you wanna hear it. And maybe watch it. I did a sucky job at recreating it, but hey.

Battle for Magic Gradually gets worse, then turns into a little bit of a happy sputtering, then back to being bad. That's just how fights happen, y'know?
Heeeeeey.

I have new stuff.

Watch and Wait