Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: OS Ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
i like how you call someone whos been on this site for 6 months an elitist. you realize that's not a compliment right? elitist can be considered a synonym for "arrogant prick", which in this case probably isnt that wrong, but feels out of place
No idea where I am on the scale, other than being objectively the best composer on the site.
Oh shoot. Didn't see that lmao JHXC.
(05-10-2019, 01:16 PM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]i like how you call someone whos been on this site for 6 months an elitist. you realize that's not a compliment right? elitist can be considered a synonym for "arrogant prick", which in this case probably isnt that wrong, but feels out of place

Did you also see how I said that people who have been on here for over 1 year OMG GET A LIFE. I doubt that's a compliment too. Also this is half satire.
(05-10-2019, 08:57 AM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]JHXC and Wafels... Not separated by a comma... cOInCIdENcE? I ThINk NOt!

ARE Y'ALL GONNA FUCK ALREADY OR NOT
(05-10-2019, 05:32 PM)Alex! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2019, 01:16 PM)Jonah Wrote: [ -> ]i like how you call someone whos been on this site for 6 months an elitist. you realize that's not a compliment right? elitist can be considered a synonym for "arrogant prick", which in this case probably isnt that wrong, but feels out of place

Did you also see how I said that people who have been on here for over 1 year OMG GET A LIFE. I doubt that's a compliment too. Also this is half satire.

He's arguing for semantics of the term "elitist" rather than arguing if it's a compliment for someone or not.

Elite people (in the term of high status) + ist =/= elitists (term for people who are hypocritical towards things that aren't ___.)

Anyone can get the joke that someone has no life, but elitist needs to be a properly used term since throwing it around can cause a lot of misunderstandings.
A dictionary defines the word 'elite' as: a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.
Or, more generally: the choice part; the best of a class
(05-11-2019, 05:10 PM)AnonymousXYZ Wrote: [ -> ]A dictionary defines the word 'elite' as: a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.
Or, more generally: the choice part; the best of a class

yea, but elitist is an entirely different word
A dictionary defines 'elitist' as:
1 : one who is an adherent of elitism : one whose attitudes and beliefs are biased in favor of a socially elite class of people
2 : a person who is or regards himself or herself as a member of a socially elite group
(05-11-2019, 05:18 PM)AnonymousXYZ Wrote: [ -> ]A dictionary defines 'elitist' as:
1 : one who is an adherent of elitism : one whose attitudes and beliefs are biased in favor of a socially elite class of people
2 : a person who is or regards himself or herself as a member of a socially elite group

A dictionary defines the word 'pompous' as:
1. excessively elevated or ornate
2. having or exhibiting self-importance
Pages: 1 2 3 4