Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Individual Velocity (Volume) Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a basic concept in which you can control the velocity of individual notes.

How it would work:
First you would have to select the note you want to change the velocity of. Then you would double click on that note. A small pop up window would show up. It would have the volume control for the instrument, and it would look basically exactly like the one in the drop down menu that already exists. You would then change the velocity of the note, and then click out of the popup window.

Why i think this should be a thing: 
It would cut down the amount of notes used by possible hundreds by eliminating the need for layering, which can be buggy to begin with. This could make a lot of sequences actually playable for people with low end devices. Also, it shouldn't be impossible since there are already the samples of each instrument with about 100 or so velocities. You would just need to code the pop up window, and the mechanism to seperate the velocities of the individual notes.

Thank you for reading this, and have a nice day JACOB
I need this
You could also do it like every other saw, with bars at the bottom, or like reaper, where you can drag the top of the note up and down
me too
As much as I really do like these ideas, I doubt that this website is going to get much farther than it already has come. This website isn't really designed to be a professional MIDI creation software, and I don't think it ever will be even close to becoming one.
As it is already, this website does not even allow for all 88 notes of the piano in one sequence, let alone all of the things you now are mentioning.
I hate to be that person but I have truly come to believe that this is the truth. Unless someone buys out the website Domain Name, this website will most likely remain the same forever.

(P.S: I really do like the idea, it would be cool to have something like it)
(05-14-2019, 09:33 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]As much as I really do like these ideas, I doubt that this website is going to get much farther than it already has come. This website isn't really designed to be a professional MIDI creation software, and I don't think it ever will be even close to becoming one.
As it is already, this website does not even allow for all 88 notes of the piano in one sequence, let alone all of the things you now are mentioning.
I hate to be that person but I have truly come to believe that this is the truth. Unless someone buys out the website Domain Name, this website will most likely remain the same forever.

(P.S: I really do like the idea, it would be cool to have something like it)

You make a really good point. I think a lot of people fear that this website is at a developemental standstill. And in some ways, it is. Th layout hasn't been updated at all. But still, its threads like these that might lead to change. Threads like these might lead to additions in the website. Again, i want to mention that you make a good point.
just play with stacking