Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Having trouble downloading MIDI files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I hope this is the right place. 

I just started using the online sequencer today, and when I went to download the midi file and replay it using a media player, it sounded very different from how it sounded in the sequencer. Is this a common problem that can be prevented somehow, is it just my media player, do I need to do something with the file to make it sound right? Just trying to identify what the issue is and if it's preventable. I've tried changing a bunch of settings, making different songs, I always seem to get this same issue.
This cannot be prevented. The soundfonts on Online Sequencer are not saved in the midi file, so your computer has to make its best guess. You have two options:
1. Use this program I made: https://onlinesequencer.net/forum/showth...p?tid=3136 It does not store reverb nor delay, but if you can get it working, and you can play/download .ogg files, you should be good.
2. Make your own soundfont and apply it to your midi in some program that can do that. A lot of people do that anyway because they can create better instruments than the ones on this site.