Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Old UI suggestion thread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This suggestion will have as follows:

This is still a work in progress
  • An updated UI

• Suggesting adding Octaves for higher notes on the Piano channels in specific

• Better Velocity settings and a Volume Equalizer

• Suggesting an update to add Reverb controller

• Better Delay Controller

• Suggesting volume equalizer that can edit volume level as well as bass/mid/high range scale

• New tool icon for compacting selections

• Suggesting tremolo, vibrato, note panning, and 8-bit wave editor (very ambitious)

[Image: 9QWbg5j.jpg]

[Image: 12MDTIB.png]

[Image: LxnZeb6.png]

[Image: VD3B8qw.png]

The tool icon opens the new UI, making it easier to store and use more effects in the future.
I will put in more "UI update suggestion images" in here at a later time.
(Edit, the current reverb feature is actually specific to this site)
(06-09-2019, 06:15 PM)Eric Wrote: [ -> ]This suggestion will have as follows:

This is still a work in progress
  • An updated UI

• Suggesting adding Octaves for higher notes on the Piano channels in specific

• Better Velocity settings and a Volume Equalizer

• Suggesting an update to add Reverb controller

• Better Delay Controller

• Suggesting volume equalizer that can edit volume level as well as bass/mid/high range scale

• New tool icon for compacting selections

• Suggesting tremolo, vibrato, note panning, and 8-bit wave editor (very ambitious)

[Image: 9QWbg5j.jpg]

[Image: 12MDTIB.png]

[Image: LxnZeb6.png]

[Image: VD3B8qw.png]

The tool icon opens the new UI, making it easier to store and use more effects in the future.
I will put in more "UI update suggestion images" in here at a later time.
(Edit, the current reverb feature is actually specific to this site)

yeth
Some monitor sizes are different and even hide the save button sometimes, so maybe adding it to the instrument list tree style would be better?
I also have mentioned adding more notes in the past, idk how well the community will react to new changes like this. Plus, old sequences after the update will be different, and there will have to be two different types of sequences (ones with all this extra stuff, and old versions of sequences).

idk if that will make it harder for jacob_. actually it probably won't at all, since new sequences are being made all the time anyway, and the old format shouldn't be incompatible with your new suggestions, so yeah nvm, its a good idea and probably can work.

this website isn't professional software tho, and idk about jacob_ being able to do this. But still, good idea (just don't get your hopes too high)
yeah, i dont think UI was ever the problem with making updates like this, i dont know much about coding, but i doubt most of this would be feasible with the way this site plays its sounds. its fundamentally different from stuff like fl and ableton
That panning option is going to be so useful
You spelled octave wrong...
In response to all of this:
Yes I'm aware that this is not quite possible with the way OS currently is with older sequences, it would be a mess to work around.
The suggested UI doesn't really have a good appeal, and should look a little more clean, I'm not the best at making UI for sites, as I've never done it.
All of the instrument plugin options are practically not possible, and octave increase is a pipe dream.
Never the less, it was just a thought and will no longer be worked on. It can stay here for anyone else to look at though.
Having OS as an actually useful online DAW is something that I've only dreamed of, (because of it's simplicity) and could be possible in due time.
Thanks for the support.