Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: The FUTURE of Online Sequencer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.

My name is Mark, and I have been on OS for a little more than 2 years. My current age is 14.

I am on this website almost daily. It's been an extremely great tool for when I wish to jot down notes for a melody that made itself into my mind. But, as I have seen, this website appears to be having less activity the more I use it. I've found that Musescore, a program designed for making sheet music, and Scratch.mit.edu, a web program based around the idea of graphical programming, have all had much greater success community-wise than this seemingly inactive website.

If I sound ignorant, I'm sorry. But this seems to be increased in accuracy as I move on. Previously, I have placed my ideas in the suggestions forum. I've even completely graphic designed a new layout for the site. In my opinion, Online Sequencer has a very early 2000s-ish looking layout. I am here now to tell you that I am never going to stop using this website. But it needs some serious work. If this website is still up when I finally figure out how to program in CSS/JS/HTML, and C, then I, myself, will ask to volunteer to clean this website up.

Oh, and we need mp3 export.  Heh
alright
k
no u
This has a really pretty layout.

If this was early 2000's it'd look pretty good, most of the sites back then looked worse than this.

The one thing I've always liked about this layout is that it doesn't look like a google website, with all the white, bright colors, and flatness. If you go on any websites these days, you'll see all these and maybe some pictures. It's super simple, and gives the impression of laziness, as well as looking bad. OnlineSequencer should never!

NEVER!
Is it reeaally that big of a deal that OS doesn't look like all of the "modern" hipster sites?
Also, the community isn't entirely inactive (aside from me). It's just smaller than most other sites. People come and go all the time.
Honestly, I couldn't care less how this site looked, or how many people used it. It's still a music making site, and I still come back to it from time to time to make music.