Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: What am I?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(06-29-2019, 11:39 AM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]"E"

I am the universal consumable,
Always in motion,
Always in short supply,
Unpredictable, Unstoppable, Unavoidable,
An omnipotent force, strong enough
to grow forests and break the ground,
the currency of life, the carrier of light,
a magnificent river in which all of existence
maneuvers and functions on.

This one is cool JHXC. I can only guess maybe like energy, or space, or spacetime, or possibly gravity or gravitational waves.
However, none of these answers explain "always in short supply," nor do they completely explain the "grow forests" part.
Am I close? Or are you describing something in a completely different ballpark?

[Sorry, I made this riddle really fast, I have never made a riddle before.]
I live at the top of a powerful dome.
My purpose is to help hold the city together,
yet I never leave my home;
I assists with keeping peace and prosperity,
and yet I remain lifeless and cold as stone.
(06-29-2019, 01:35 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2019, 11:39 AM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]"E"

I am the universal consumable,
Always in motion,
Always in short supply,
Unpredictable, Unstoppable, Unavoidable,
An omnipotent force, strong enough
to grow forests and break the ground,
the currency of life, the carrier of light,
a magnificent river in which all of existence
maneuvers and functions on.

This one is cool JHXC. I can only guess maybe like energy, or space, or spacetime, or possibly gravity or gravitational waves.
However, none of these answers explain "always in short supply," nor do they completely explain the "grow forests" part.
Am I close? Or are you describing something in a completely different ballpark?

[Sorry, I made this riddle really fast, I have never made a riddle before.]
I live at the top of a powerful dome.
My purpose is to help hold the city together,
yet I never leave my home;
I assists with keeping peace and prosperity,
and yet I remain lifeless and cold as stone.

You are sooo close to it.

I'd say your riddle would be a flag on some sort of city government building thing.
(06-29-2019, 03:25 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]You are sooo close to it.

I'd say your riddle would be a flag on some sort of city government building thing.

-----------------

Okay cool... uhh... hmmm...
I've given this a bit of thought. Still am very unsure, but a second reading gives me the idea of 'fire' ... ???
Or, if not that, then perhaps 'knowledge' ?
(I have a few other guesses maybe but these two are the most prominent...)
[you don't have to reveal it if I still haven't got it, {unless you want to of course}]

-----------------

As for my own riddle, that's a very close guess, but not quite what I was originally thinking of...
My original riddle had a few extra lines, but I feared that it would become too obvious.

It literally sits on the crest of a dome...
|[ I was thinking of something a little bit less modern]|
|[ something smaller and more ornamental. It sits on a literal dome, but perhaps a smaller dome than you might think. ]|
(spoiler: click and drag over the lines above to view the text within the brackets)
(06-30-2019, 05:15 PM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2019, 03:25 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]You are sooo close to it.

-----------------

Okay cool... uhh... hmmm...
I've given this a bit of thought. Still am very unsure, but a second reading gives me the idea of 'fire' ... ???
Or, if not that, then perhaps 'knowledge' ?
(I have a few other guesses maybe but these two are the most prominent...)
[you don't have to reveal it if I still haven't got it, {unless you want to of course}]

-----------------

As for my own riddle, that's a very close guess, but not quite what I was originally thinking of...
My original riddle had a few extra lines, but I feared that it would become too obvious.

It literally sits on the crest of a dome...
|[ I was thinking of something a little bit less modern]|
|[ something smaller and more ornamental.  It sits on a literal dome, but perhaps a smaller dome than you might think. ]|
(spoiler: click and drag over the lines above to view the text within the brackets)

Ok, looking back at it one of the first answers you gave may have been the right answer, so I'm just going to spoil it here if you need it. If you figure it out on your own, however, you're a genius:
[Time. That is the answer. If you think about it, everything should make sense. "A universal consumable" relates to how everything "consumes" time by basically existing. "Always in motion" is about how time is always in motion (kinda obvious).]
["Always in short supply" is about how people seem to always hurry, because we often have little time to do things in life (also in the grand scope of the universe,a human life is like a drop of water in a vast ocean).]
["Unpredictable" we can't predict the future. "Unstoppable" we can't stop time (kinda the same as always in motion). "Unavoidable" we have to deal with time constantly, and while we may sleep or get knocked out, we can't just not experience time.]
["An omnipotent force, strong enough to grow forests and break the ground," this one is a doozy. Basically, give anything enough time, and it will either be destroyed, made, or completely changed. "Grow forests" means two things. One, it refers to trees taking time to grow and mature. Two, it refers to family trees, where generation after generation takes time to be born, and the family trees grow as a result. "Break the ground" means how the continents (the ground) shift, break, and move over millions of years.]
["The currency of life" all life is on borrowed/bought time. "The carrier of light," I can see how this can be confusing. Idk if time is the only force at play here, but the main reason why light works, and why we see colors and everything, is because of light speed, which is based off of time]
["A magnificent river in which all of existence maneuvers and functions on," this is supposed to refer to the "flow" of time, and how everything either goes with the flow, or takes advantage of the flow to it's advantage.]
Spoilers up above. I think u know what to do.

Even with ur spoiler I'm kinda stumped, but Imma go with a sword in the rock. That's prob wrong tho  Upside_down
(06-30-2019, 06:44 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, looking back at it one of the first answers you gave may have been the right answer, so I'm just going to spoil it here if you need it. If you figure it out on your own, however, you're a genius:
[Time. That is the answer. If you think about it, everything should make sense. "A universal consumable" relates to how everything "consumes" time by basically existing. "Always in motion" is about how time is always in motion (kinda obvious).]
["Always in short supply" is about how people seem to always hurry, because we often have little time to do things in life (also in the grand scope of the universe,a human life is like a drop of water in a vast ocean).]
["Unpredictable" we can't predict the future. "Unstoppable" we can't stop time (kinda the same as always in motion). "Unavoidable" we have to deal with time constantly, and while we may sleep or get knocked out, we can't just not experience time.]
["An omnipotent force, strong enough to grow forests and break the ground," this one is a doozy. Basically, give anything enough time, and it will either be destroyed, made, or completely changed. "Grow forests" means two things. One, it refers to trees taking time to grow and mature. Two, it refers to family trees, where generation after generation takes time to be born, and the family trees grow as a result. "Break the ground" means how the continents (the ground) shift, break, and move over millions of years.]
["The currency of life" all life is on borrowed/bought time. "The carrier of light," I can see how this can be confusing. Idk if time is the only force at play here, but the main reason why light works, and why we see colors and everything, is because of light speed, which is based off of time]
["A magnificent river in which all of existence maneuvers and functions on," this is supposed to refer to the "flow" of time, and how everything either goes with the flow, or takes advantage of the flow to it's advantage.]

Even with ur spoiler I'm kinda stumped, but Imma go with a sword in the rock. That's prob wrong tho  :upside_down:

Dude, that is amazing! This is genius! That is truly a perfect answer for such an awesome riddle! Amazing job JHXC!

As for my own riddle, it was like the first riddle I've ever made, and I wasn't thinking about it very much.
Hint 1: [ It sits at the top of a "dome," and is physically placed there by the limbs of a being with it's own personal "dome"]
Hint 2: [ You are right, it is symbolic in the exact same way as a flag is, it doesn't literally "hold" a city together.]
Hint 3: [ It never leaves the top of the "dome," but rather it moves with the "dome," it goes where the dome goes. ]
[Originally here I was going to say something like "but it is replaced each night" ]
Hint 4: [ I don't know what sort of material this thing is made of, but its probably silver, iron, or bronze. It is literally hard and I think probably quite durable.]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Answer: [The answer is a Crown. The "dome" is the head of the king who wears it]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's a crown.

I am commonly used in cooking.

I am often used to scramble eggs.

I am often metal, but sometimes I can be silicone.

Some beaters have attachments that look like me, but are not technically me.

What am I?
A pan. Or a spatula.

I am too lazy to think of a riddle. Sorry if this breaks the rules.

Next person do it.
(07-07-2019, 10:41 AM)Firebolt391d Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-30-2019, 06:44 PM)JHXC Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, looking back at it one of the first answers you gave may have been the right answer, so I'm just going to spoil it here if you need it. If you figure it out on your own, however, you're a genius:

Even with ur spoiler I'm kinda stumped, but Imma go with a sword in the rock. That's prob wrong tho  Upside_down

Dude, that is amazing! This is genius! That is truly a perfect answer for such an awesome riddle! Amazing job JHXC!

As for my own riddle, it was like the first riddle I've ever made, and I wasn't thinking about it very much.
Hint 1: [ It sits at the top of a "dome," and is physically placed there by the limbs of a being with it's own personal "dome"]
Hint 2: [ You are right, it is symbolic in the exact same way as a flag is, it doesn't literally "hold" a city together.]
Hint 3: [ It never leaves the top of the "dome," but rather it moves with the "dome," it goes where the dome goes. ]
[Originally here I was going to say something like "but it is replaced each night" ]
Hint 4: [ I don't know what sort of material this thing is made of, but its probably silver, iron, or bronze. It is literally hard and I think probably quite durable.]
Answer: [The answer is a Crown. The "dome" is the head of the king who wears it]
Soo wow. Sorry for bringing this up out of the blue. I thought my time riddle was absolutely genius and original. I cannot tell you how long it took me to come up with it, and to be honest, I was somewhat proud.
But then a few months later, I discovered The Hobbit. Then I read it, and I got to the "riddles in the dark" chapter. If you read the book, you know what I'm talking about. One of Gollum's riddles is a riddle about time, and it was a very similar riddle to the one I gave, only more concise.
Yeah, I guess I wasn't so original after all. smh.
I am highly convinced that everything I have said and done has in some way been said/done before.
kept by some yet lost for others
time can take and most can smother
everyone has had,
and some who are sad
go and take it for another

in the style of a limerick

hint[this should be GGEZ because this was thought up on the spot]
I am considered essential by most and treated like water, food, and shelter.
I'm a b**** to carry if you're carrying me by hand.
Some people with a certain installment don't need me. Most of them live in Japan.

Hint 1: [ I'm a part of a dirty business.]
Hint 2: [ During the month of April, I was super expensive and hard to come by.]
Hint 3: [ I have the unfortunate distinction of coming into contact with human faeces.]
Hint 4: [ WHAT SITS NEXT TO A TOILET???]
Pages: 1 2