Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: Frank's NEW Bandcamp Album!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://keithplayzstuff.bandcamp.com/releases
Mostly non-OS, although some tracks are indeed from Online Sequencer.
Tell me what you think! also I have paypal set up if you want to donate
Why are they all so short?
(07-18-2019, 01:12 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Why are they all so short?

The average track is about 1:23. That's not too short.
Source:
Code:
Array.from(document.getElementsByClassName('time secondaryText')).map(x => x.innerText).slice(1).map(x => x.split(':')[0] * 60 + x.split(':')[1] * 1).reduce((a, c) => a + c, 0) / 37

yay js one liners that do stuff for you
(07-18-2019, 03:15 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]

Source:
Code:
Array.from(document.getElementsByClassName('time secondaryText')).map(x => x.innerText).slice(1).map(x => x.split(':')[0] * 60 + x.split(':')[1] * 1).reduce((a, c) => a + c, 0) / 37

It's really short. Dude most songs are around 7min long
(07-18-2019, 03:16 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Source:
Code:

I don't know what genres you're listening to, admittedly some do average that length, but other genres average around 4 minutes, based on my googling. However, 1:23 is a bit short, fine. To be fair there is a huge spread, some are less than a minute and others are over 2. Also consider that I personally like video game music / looping music and that VGM often has shorter tracks.
(07-18-2019, 03:21 PM)Frank Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2019, 03:16 PM)Sir_Guy Wrote: [ -> ]

Source:
Code:

I don't know what genres you're listening to, admittedly some do average that length, but other genres average around 4 minutes, based on my googling. However, 1:23 is a bit short, fine. To be fair there is a huge spread, some are less than a minute and others are over 2. Also consider that I personally like video game music / looping music and that VGM often has shorter tracks.

I listen to metal and a bit of rock and jazz... 

I don't know much about game music, though