Online Sequencer Forums

Full Version: 2019 August Monthly Contest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This is my second, and last one. Here you go :D
I'm not sure if I've hastily uploaded something before this. If I have, I'm removing that submission. Please disregard any previous posts on this thread by me.

the rare not 8-bit entry. A re-imagining of one of the system shock (DOS) midi tracks.

original 8-bit loop. nothing special

Very old sequence, and thus i have very little confidence of even placing... I still think its pretty good though
Consider this to be my comback sequence i guess
(08-14-2019, 09:32 AM)Vladimirr Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the theme is Retro Music. 

For me, retro is not a bunch of cold synth music.  (I wasn't a fan of 80's music in the 80's Smile )

Retro is further back than that.  Vinyl scratches, needle drops. Warm, organic, imperfect but lush and inviting.  I hope you'll consider this entry even though it sounds like the 1960s.

If not, my backup entry is this, in 8-bit; a familiar experience for a lot of us, painstakingly crafted to emulate the unique 5-channel NES sound system.
Yes, the days of Sinatra and soul...

I felt that the synth music would fit better as the majority of users are millennials, though
sorry buddy time's up
[Image: avatar_2740.png?dateline=1556629097] Hello Online Sequencer! It's time to announce the winners of the 2019 August Monthly Contest!

The amount of entries this month was astounding, and so many of them were amazing to listen to as well! It's too bad that there can only be 3 that place, so a big congrats to those who won this month!

In first place we have [url=]Purgatory[/url] by XStep. Congratulations, you'll be getting 5 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In second place we have [url=]synthetic dream[/url] by MTN-HNG. Great job, you'll be getting 4 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

In third place we have [url=]Super Mario Bros. World 1-1 Playthrough[/url] by Vladimirr. Nice job, you'll be getting 3 points on the Grand Leaderboard!

We also had numerous honorable mentions! Good job to everyone listed here! You'll all be getting 1 point on the Grand Leaderboard!
  • [url=]2019 August monthly contest entry[/url] by asdf :]

• [url=]Cave of Venixa[/url] by Vulminous_music

• [url=]Zenithbound[/url] by JHXC

• [url=]Bagger[/url] by CaptainPresto

• [url=]Retrofitting[/url] and [url=]Faxon the Wolf Digitized[/url] by Kirbyderp

• [url=]Side Scroll[/url] by gazxons

• [url=]Candy mountain the second[/url] by Crimson
I'm so happy about all the participation that this month got! See you all tomorrow at next month's contest!

-Kirbyderp
HOW THE FU

well, i am... stunned... and really happy
did not expect this tbh
thanks for a great contest
Pages: 1 2 3 4